Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

McInnes probably less of a gamble than others, more likely also to work on a smaller budget than some names quoted. The compensation fee to aberdeen sticks in the gullet I must admit.

I think the compensation fee is mostly a charade. Milne needs to be seen to be getting a huge sum for McInnes, otherwise their fans would be up in arms. Equally the Rangers board will be happy to go along with these reported figures because it shows they are willing to pay big money to secure the right man. However, I don't think it'll cost us anywhere near the value quoted to get him. We will probably never know either, unless it is a separate item in the accounts. The most important part of this for me is that we get someone in who is supported by the board, the players and ultimately the fans. And I've got everything crossed that he can have us play decent football with the players and budget he has with us. It's the style of his play (or lack of) that has me most concerned.

I think the compensation fee is mostly a charade. Milne needs to be seen to be getting a huge sum for McInnes, otherwise their fans would be up in arms. Equally the Rangers board will be happy to go along with these reported figures because it shows they are willing to pay big money to secure the right man. However, I don't think it'll cost us anywhere near the value quoted to get him. We will probably never know either, unless it is a separate item in the accounts. The most important part of this for me is that we get someone in who is supported by the board, the players and ultimately the fans. And I've got everything crossed that he can have us play decent football with the players and budget he has with us. It's the style of his play (or lack of) that has me most concerned.

But ain't that due to the people he's got at hand and can afford? He faces a new challenge with us and it remains to be seen, if he actually arrives, whether he progresses as a coach as well.

I'm of the mind you do what it takes to win, good flowing football is a bonus. Agree about the compensation, A'deen will say £1m, we will say £100k.

A thought....

When a normal business is looking to appoint someone new, they would generally get CV's submitted, then whittle that down to a short list of between 2 & 4 candidates. They would then Interview ALL the candidates before either a 2nd round of interviews or appointing the chosen person.

Would it make sense for Rangers to approach only one of their shortlist for an interview??? At present, Aberdeen is the only club we know that has been approached to speak to their manager (coz that's all the media are interested in), but could the board have put requests out to other clubs without the Scottish press being aware. They then interview those folk that they get permission for & make a decision from there.

If that is the case, DM may still not be the "No.1 candidate", instead he could be 1 of 3 preferred candidates.

I'm of the mind you do what it takes to win, good flowing football is a bonus. Agree about the compensation, A'deen will say £1m, we will say £100k.

A very valid point....this is a results business. Get the win 1st, then worry about how it is achieved.

It's funny but not funny reading all the guys who put so much faith and hard earned cash into our club fight and refuse the reality where we are ran like complete a matures and select managers based on who their mates where.

Mccinnes would never be in the dugout had he not played for the club. Simple as that. He's not the best candidate and that is why no other candidate has been allowed to be put forward or given any serious consideration. Friends in high places with the ear of King plus kings own hankering for the past have got their man the job.

Could well be that other people "under contract" will be contacted once it is "honorable". E.g. Graham Potter at Östersunds will have his final Group J match on Thursday and who knows whether we have contacted anyone else or want to. After all though, it is the twitterazzi age and you would assume that information is being passed on much more quicker.

I'm fairly certain that Murty will be in charge for Ross County, whether there will be a new manager announced or not.

It's funny but not funny reading all the guys who put so much faith and hard earned cash into our club fight and refuse the reality where we are ran like complete a matures and select managers based on who their mates where.

Mccinnes would never be in the dugout had he not played for the club. Simple as that. He's not the best candidate and that is why no other candidate has been allowed to be put forward or given any serious consideration. Friends in high places with the ear of King plus kings own hankering for the past have got their man the job.

Without a doubt.

Also after the last 2 managers, he is seen as 'safe'.

I assume you had a look at the list of available and those candidates who have applied then?