Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Good God, gentlemen, and ladies, and those who identify otherwise,

Rangers is bigger than Derek fucking McInnes!!

Personally, I am unconcerned that he will remain with the scrapies. He has elected to take the safe, comfortable, easy option, in the middle lane ; that is his prerogative, but it is a choice which clearly indicates that he is neither fit nor proper to manage Rangers.

Onward and upward.

Agreed Sir.

The level of speculation over the whys and wherefores has gone off the scale. One thing it may be safe to say is that McInnes has bottled the biggest appointment of his career just like his team bottled their two " big" games against Rangers over the preceding week.

The Club will survive and appoint another candidate. One who in all likelihood is better tactically and coaching wise than McInnes and wont entail us paying circa £1m to underwrite the ailing finances of a little team who detest our Club. By declining even the opportunity to meet with our Board to discuss the position on offer McInnes has confirmed, to me at least, that he has neither the Gravitas nor the stature, as a person to fill the managerial post at Rangers.

Edited by overthewater

We know we aren't that attractive currently - none of that is new to us. Missing out on McInnes may be a reality check for some. However, I don't think I would want him if he doesn't have the testicular fortitude to take on what is very, very clearly a more pressured role than his current one. Does he not have the confidence in his abilities ?

Only time will tell if he was as good as we could get.

That is something that you have made up and seem to want to cling onto.

#ComfortBlanket

you can be relieved he's not coming but you surely can't think the process has been handled properly?

I think it depends to be honest.

If you look at it by the letter of the law (football rulebook) then we have handled it properly. We cant speak to someone under contract until we have been given permission to speak to them, In this instance where it may not have been handled properly would have been in the 6 weeks it took to ask permission. That could, and probably should, have been cut in half. Indeed, if McInnes was a front-runner from the offset then you would think we would have asked permission at the outset rather than wait till all applications had been received.

Alternatively you could look at it and say that waiting this long to get a manager in is ridiculous. Football is entirely different to regular business, I get that. However, in the Corporate world the failing would have been in sacking the previous encumbent without having a replacement lined up (but we aren't alone in that - look at how long it took Everton to fill their managerial position).

We have saved 2 months worth of wages on Pedro and his backroom team plus 1 million on compensation to McInnes... and have also leap-frogged them into 2nd place in the league. We aren't doing too badly out of it financially :roflmao:

That is something that you have made up and seem to want to cling onto.

#ComfortBlanket

It isn't a comfort blanket at all.

Why has he rejected us then ? We are bigger than them, we have a bigger budget than them, his wages would have been far better with us. Just what do Aberdeen have that we don't ?

You will also notice that I didn't say categorically that this is the case, because I can't. Can you categorically say it isn't the case ?

So a guy who has "dreamt of managing Rangers" turns it down because he had to wait 6 weeks ??

I didn't say he dreamt of managing Rangers, but in his eyes the 6 weeks maybe meant that he was not first choice.

Good God, gentlemen, and ladies, and those who identify otherwise,

Rangers is bigger than Derek fucking McInnes!!

Personally, I am unconcerned that he will remain with the scrapies. He has elected to take the safe, comfortable, easy option, in the middle lane ; that is his prerogative, but it is a choice which clearly indicates that he is neither fit nor proper to manage Rangers.

Onward and upward.

The problem isn't Derek McInnes. It never was. The problem is Rangers drifting without a manager, the apparent lack of credible candidates and a board that seems to take forever to get precisely nowhere. If he isn't joining Rangers, I don't give a shit about Derek McInnes. I do care about the endless mire of incompetence that seems to prevent us ever climbing out of this mess.

I think it depends to be honest.

If you look at it by the letter of the law (football rulebook) then we have handled it properly. We cant speak to someone under contract until we have been given permission to speak to them, In this instance where it may not have been handled properly would have been in the 6 weeks it took to ask permission. That could, and probably should, have been cut in half. Indeed, if McInnes was a front-runner from the offset then you would think we would have asked permission at the outset rather than wait till all applications had been received.

Alternatively you could look at it and say that waiting this long to get a manager in is ridiculous. Football is entirely different to regular business, I get that. However, in the Corporate world the failing would have been in sacking the previous encumbent without having a replacement lined up (but we aren't alone in that - look at how long it took Everton to fill their managerial position).

We have saved 2 months worth of wages on Pedro and his backroom team plus 1 million on compensation to McInnes... and have also leap-frogged them into 2nd place in the league. We aren't doing too badly out of it financially :roflmao:

looks like we can agree that we've made an arse of the process of appointing a manager

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg