Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I agree -- Carvalhal to Swansea is perhaps the only one who 'fits'. The rest are just picking whomever is available.

Not true though. That one is the only one that couldnt be planned as Carvalhal was still in a job when Clement left.

Pardew and WBA chairman get on well so that fit.

The two Davids have wanted Moyes for a while - it fits for them - maybe not the fans.

Neil Warnock is a joke rumour of years gone by, but he is doing a good job at Cardiff this season...

Few years ago Id have volleyed the Warnock rumour but he has now proven to be a top manager in the Championship. Id have loved him to take over just for 1 year. He has the thick skin needed for the joke media.

Not true though. That one is the only one that couldnt be planned as Carvalhal was still in a job when Clement left.

Pardew and WBA chairman get on well so that fit.

The two Davids have wanted Moyes for a while - it fits for them - maybe not the fans.

I think we've got a different definition of "fit".

I don't think Carvalhal was planned per se, but I think he was on a list, and when he was available they moved. Just because the Chairman knows the guy doesn't make it a good fit. And West Ham don't have a plan, nor a philosophy, so it's just pick the best that's available; everyone fits, and therefore no one 'fits'. :D

I think we've got a different definition of "fit".

I don't think Carvalhal was planned per se, but I think he was on a list, and when he was available they moved. Just because the Chairman knows the guy doesn't make it a good fit. And West Ham don't have a plan, nor a philosophy, so it's just pick the best that's available; everyone fits, and therefore no one 'fits'. :D

Well "fits the bill" only works out with facts and winning games, even Jose doesnt fit Man Utd right now, they expect better.

Dont mention West Ham please :D

I'm still intrigued by Monk. His overall record is not that great, but he's been really unfortunate to be in charge at some basket-case clubs. He was sacked at Swansea because they were in 15th after one win in eleven, which was poor, but Leeds were taken over by a mental Italian, and then Middlesborough didn't like the football on offer and went for Pulis!

Monk's pulled off some really good tactical displays against big sides -- he beat Arsenal, ran Klopp's Liverpool close, and reached the last-32 of the EL with Swansea. He'd still be at Leeds if it was a more stable club.

I've often wondered what role Monk, who was a senior player, i I rc, played in the bulletting of Michael Laudrup. It appeared at the time that Monk was in the manager's chair before Laudrup had left the building.

I don't know enough about behind the scenes manoevres at Swansea, but I formed the impression, based on 2 + 2 =ing 4, that he was a man of whom one mightbe well advised to be wary.

Well "fits the bill" only works out with facts and winning games, even Jose doesnt fit Man Utd right now, they expect better.

Dont mention West Ham please :D

Managers can 'fit' a club before they even start, so results don't matter in that regard. It's all about the alignment of style for me; and they have to be hand-picked, not just appointed because they are free.

For me, Mourinho has never fit; he doesn't suit a Man Utd philosophy.

West Ham!

Edited by Rousseau

You could compile a list of 'good fits' but when you take into account our finances, current circumstances around the club in Scottish football, due dilligence and phone calls to Warburton, now McInnes........there wouldn't be much of a list left.

Just another example of expectations outweighing reality at this point in time.

I've often wondered what role Monk, who was a senior player, i I rc, played in the bulletting of Michael Laudrup. It appeared at the time that Monk was in the manager's chair before Laudrup had left the building.

I don't know enough about behind the scenes manoevres at Swansea, but I formed the impression, based on 2 + 2 =ing 4, that he was a man of whom one mightbe well advised to be wary.

Yeah I dont see the Monk obsession right now, hasnt done a bad job but shouldnt be prepelled so high. Id have M Laudrup over him at Ibrox everyday of the week.

I'm not aware of anything like that. It just seemed like a quick fix to me, at the time.