Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Of course they knew what they were doing, firstly they knew they needed a change as the previous manager wasnt working out, they couldnt possibly sack the manager if they didnt know what they were doing. They all knew change was needed. The next step is where the question is and Boro, West Ham and West brom all knew exactly what they were doing and who they were going to appoint. It wasnt a case of just taking who was available at all with those 3. Pardew is close with WBA chairman, Moyes has always been on the two Davids wishlist and Boro knew Pulis has better experience than Monk after his Stoke days.

There is a big difference between knowing a change is needed and knowing what you are doing. What you are suggesting is that we know what we are doing because we sacked Pedro. I. Your words "they couldn't possibly sack the manager if they didn't know what they were doing". We sacked Pedro.... do you seriously believe we know what we are doing ? I don't..., but I still believe we can secure 2nd or 3rd with Murty... whether by design or luck is a different question.

How you doing bud ??

There is a big difference between knowing a change is needed and knowing what you are doing. What you are suggesting is that we know what we are doing because we sacked Pedro. I. Your words "they couldn't possibly sack the manager if they didn't know what they were doing". We sacked Pedro.... do you seriously believe we know what we are doing ? I don't..., but I still believe we can secure 2nd or 3rd with Murty... whether by design or luck is a different question.

How you doing bud ??

Its probably a two fold point, we knew what we were doing sacking Pedro - absolutely. But absolutely no clue going forward to appoint a new guy. I cant buy that McInnes couldnt have been picked up had it been done properly. It seems all eggs were in the McInnes basket for some reason. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when all the CVs were being reviewed just to see who these guys are who werent of a high enough quality.

All good mate, suffering a bit this morning after a champagne fest last night flying back from Dubai. But hair of the dog and all that later in build up to tomorrows game.

Hope you had a good Christmas, you back in UK for it?

How you doing bud ??

We need to start playing better than we are now to keep the Sheep and Hivs behind us.

Its probably a two fold point, we knew what we were doing sacking Pedro - absolutely. But absolutely no clue going forward to appoint a new guy. I cant buy that McInnes couldnt have been picked up had it been done properly. It seems all eggs were in the McInnes basket for some reason. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when all the CVs were being reviewed just to see who these guys are who werent of a high enough quality.

All good mate, suffering a bit this morning after a champagne fest last night flying back from Dubai. But hair of the dog and all that later in build up to tomorrows game.

Hope you had a good Christmas, you back in UK for it?

I agree. Pedro needed to go but the only answer we had was McInnes... and when he rejected we were clueless.

All good here mate. Yeah, bought a house in September so am back for festive season. Have a night out in Edinburgh tomorrow with Kevin Thomson (that ones for Rousseau....)

We need to start playing better than we are now to keep the Sheep and Hivs behind us.

I agree, but Hibs won't be consistent Pete. They are hot and cold. And the reality is, for next season, Europe is a bonus. We won't do shit there even if we qualify.

I agree, but Hibs won't be consistent Pete. They are hot and cold. And the reality is, for next season, Europe is a bonus. We won't do shit there even if we qualify.

Sometimes you have the luck of the draw. Did that Luxenbourg team think they had a chance meeting the famous Glasgow Rangers. Neil Lennon says the referees are beating his team. thankfully we don't have that problem.

I agree. Pedro needed to go but the only answer we had was McInnes... and when he rejected we were clueless.

All good here mate. Yeah, bought a house in September so am back for festive season. Have a night out in Edinburgh tomorrow with Kevin Thomson (that ones for Rousseau....)

He's just excited because he's finally pulled his man-crush.

giphy.gif

I disagree. Those clubs don't know what they are doing, they just appoint on what is available to them. Might work out, might not. Have any of them made appointments that make sense in terms of their footballing philosophy ?

We should still be able to secure 3rd with Murty, so no hurry. My concern is giving him funds in January, if he isn't going to be the long term appointment....

I agree -- Carvalhal to Swansea is perhaps the only one who 'fits'. The rest are just picking whomever is available.

I'm still intrigued by Monk. His overall record is not that great, but he's been really unfortunate to be in charge at some basket-case clubs. He was sacked at Swansea because they were in 15th after one win in eleven, which was poor, but Leeds were taken over by a mental Italian, and then Middlesborough didn't like the football on offer and went for Pulis!

Monk's pulled off some really good tactical displays against big sides -- he beat Arsenal, ran Klopp's Liverpool close, and reached the last-32 of the EL with Swansea. He'd still be at Leeds if it was a more stable club.

Edited by Rousseau