Torquay Boy.

I know we are all naturally caught up in who will be the next manager but what about the improvements necessary to our playing squad in the meantime?

I am concerned that if it, quite rightly, takes us some time to appoint a new manager this is the worst time of the year to be awaiting for an input from some unknown manager before we put plans in place for the January window.

Sacking a manager only months after we have backed him to bring in his own squad of players is not ideal as at least some of the players such as Morelos, Candais, Pena and Herrera will be wondering what their future holds which is not good for their moral.

We all know that the squad needs supplemented if we are to end up as high up the league this season so the clock is ticking whilst we go through the manager recruitment process. It is obviously a Catch 22 situation faced by the Board.

My view is that we should leave Murty in place until the end of the season but perhaps strengthen the squad with players such as McLean, Walker and Moult all of whom are low cost purchases and save the bulk of our ' player pot ' for a new manager coming in around May 2018.

Does anyone agree.? WATP.

I agree re timing to an extent. There should be no rush. No need for it and dangerous at this time of the year. Not sure re the whole season, though.

Edited by SteveC

Can't see park et al putting up the cash for DM signings so will be down to DK. Doubt we will see anything but free transfers and at one in one out rate. More likely we bring back loan players and use the season for king to try and bring the board fully behind DM.

Unless of course DK backs his choice with cash like park and Co did.

A left midfielder (still) has to be a priority but generally it will all depend on the new manager and how he views the existing squad. Not to mention budget which likely won't be any more than a £500K-1m at best - plus possibly any transfer income such as the inevitable Pena back to Mexico.

A left midfielder (still) has to be a priority but generally it will all depend on the new manager and how he views the existing squad. Not to mention budget which likely won't be any more than a £500K-1m at best - plus possibly any transfer income such as the inevitable Pena back to Mexico.

Is there any real indication that this is inevitable??? As you say it all comes down to how the manager views the current players & how they fit together into a cohesive unit - Pena may be pivotal in a new formation...

Is there any real indication that this is inevitable??? As you say it all comes down to how the manager views the current players & how they fit together into a cohesive unit - Pena may be pivotal in a new formation...

I was being a bit facetious but Pena has a lot to do to get himself back in the side ahead of Holt and Miller. With Niko fit again as well, we now have a surplus of players for the '10' role so I can't see anything other than a quick transfer back for Carlos.

I really hope I'm wrong!