Rangers v Thistle - The Never Ending Journey

I missed that completely. Could you explain it a wee bit ?

Well... theRangersReport, for example, tracks many stats -- Key Passes, Secondary Shot Assists (the pass to the guy that assists), Establishing Passes (the third shot assist), Expected Assists, Scoring Chance Key Passes, & xG (expected goals) -- and Windass is one of the highest performers in these stats of our current squad. He's actually top in Key Passes on Scoring Chances, which means he's the top player in terms of the creation of our scoring chances.

Whether you like these stats or not, it highlights the fact that Windass consistently plays a key role in the passing network that leads to shots. He just needs to be more clinical, or greedy -- the stats suggest that he prefers to pass than take a shot or play someone in; the latter I've been annoyed at.

The second part was that his xG (expected Goals - the goals he should be scoring) is actually higher than his actual goals scored, so either he's a really really bad finisher or unlucky; he is due a few goals because he gets into good areas.

It doesn't mean he's the answer, just that of our current team he's one of our better creators.

Yes, how many 90 mins has he played? Guy next to me is always saying that he cannot last a game.

Also I wish he had his fathers heart/toughness not his mothers.

According to transfermarkt, he's played 835 minutes in 11 league games, which is an average of 75 minutes per game.

He works hard though, doesn't he? It's often these forward players that get subbed anyway.

Just read that "50% of Windass’ Key Passes have been Scoring Chances. That’s a similar rate to Ali Crawford, Scott Sinclair, & Hibs’ Brandon Barker."

He's doing something right, but I do agree there is something missing. I can't quite put my finger on it. I like the guy -- I think there is a player there -- and the stats suggest he's doing something right, but then again he isn't quite scoring or assisting as much as I'd like from a midfield/wide player.

Edited by Rousseau

He's doing something right, but I do agree there is something missing. I can't quite put my finger on it. .

Pedro?

He was mostly injured under Warburton IIRR.

Personally I don't think any of the players knew what they were doing under Pedro.

TheSPFLRadar produced this radar of Windass, where the edges are the top performer for that stat in the league:

[tweet]927660394973483010[/tweet]

As you can see it's well rounded -- he says underneath that that's similar to Sinclair, who gets praise left, right and centre -- but clearly he can't, or will not, cross the ball. His dribbling, key chain passes p/90 and open play assists p/90 is pretty much the best in the league.

TheSPFLRadar produced this radar of Windass, where the edges are the top performer for that stat in the league:

[tweet]927660394973483010[/tweet]

As you can see it's well rounded -- he says underneath that that's similar to Sinclair, who gets praise left, right and centre -- but clearly he can't, or will not, cross the ball. His dribbling, key chain passes p/90 and open play assists p/90 is pretty much the best in the league.

Do I sense a "Windass for England" campaign forming?