Rangers v Thistle - The Never Ending Journey

It wasn't the most exciting game we've ever seen but those are exactly the kind of routine home wins that we've been missing in recent times so I, for one, enjoyed being able to relax after half-time and laugh at the desperation of the Thistle fans to offend.

I reckon Candeias was our best player but McCrorie ran him close and a few others also did pretty well. Nothing spectacular but solid and comfortable which is good enough by me.

That's what I've heard. We should draft the Spanish Police in yo deal with this sort of incident.

Probably the most disgusting post I've seen on here for a while. Sometimes you have to wonder what moral high ground we have to slag off the Tims. Or like them is it just the jolly craic?

Edited by calscot

Just as well Dorrans wasnt selected for after-match drug testing then!

If Windass is as talented as Dorrans suggests, then he is the hide'n'seek champion of champions because he is hiding it brilliantly!

Many moons ago when Rangers used to train at Jordanhill College you could go along and watch them as it was basically a public park. When they played bounce games both Alexei Mikhailichenko and Pieter Huistra were unbelievable to watch. The others literally couldn't get the ball off them, it was incredible, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Their close control and dribbling was like nothing I'd ever seen before, I saw Huistra nutmeg John Brown twice in the one move to roars from the rest of the players. But you know come Saturday John Brown started and Huistra and Alexei Mikhailichenko were on the bench. Trevor Steven was fantastic in those games too but at least he was pretty good on a Saturday as well.

All the stats suggest that Windass is a key creator for us, but just not directly: it's build-up play, rather than direct assists and goals -- although his xG suggested he was due a goal or two, which hopefully continues.

Edited by Rousseau

Well, Windass may never convince some, but I don't think he is due as much FLAK as he gets. At least right now. He's contributing with build-up play as well as goals now, chases every ball and does not give that much away. It must have been quite a step from Accrington Stanley to play in front of 45k every other week, aged 23. Only this season he's become a regular ... and that being played out of position. Should we find a Candeias-clone for the left wing, I would assume Windass will probably be dropped or played more centrally.

I think Windass does do more than is often first apparent during games.

The problem is that he cheats to a degree - not actively being lazy just taking more risks than others positionally which can leave us short if we lose the ball and teams counter well.

He actually plays very much in a free role at times and whilst I'd prefer he didn't drift inside so much, there's no denying he can be effective.

All the stats suggest the Windass is a key creator for us, but just not directly: it's build-up play, rather than direct assists and goals -- although his xG suggested he was due a goal or two, which hopefully continues.

I missed that completely. Could you explain it a wee bit ?

Couple of things bother me about Windass. First is that he was absolutely spent when he was subbed @ 70 mins and the second is that he jumps out of tackles. Other than that he's better than a 60 grand player.

Yes, how many 90 mins has he played? Guy next to me is always saying that he cannot last a game.

Also I wish he had his fathers heart/toughness not his mothers.

Edited by BEARGER