[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Wilson 14; Windass 63)

We will have to agree to disagree. A keeper guessing won’t keep his job for too long.

You are completely wrong. A keeper who dosn't anticipate and move will never be a professional keeper.

You are completely wrong. A keeper who dosn't anticipate and move will never be a professional keeper.

There is a very large difference between anticipating and guessing. You are saying he should guess, not anticipate.

Either way you think Foderingham was to blame for the goal. I don’t. I think it was an excellently hit free kick. I give credit to the Aberdeen player who put it almost in the top corner rather than slate our own keeper.

We are BOTH boring everyone else at this point.

There is a very large difference between anticipating and guessing. You are saying he should guess, not anticipate.

Either way you think Foderingham was to blame for the goal. I don’t. I think it was an excellently hit free kick. I give credit to the Aberdeen player who put it almost in the top corner rather than slate our own keeper.

We are BOTH boring everyone else at this point.

I watched it again on Sportscene and that was a ball he should have had. Unfortunately all other teams now know his weak point. Free kick experts will be wetting themselves to get a go.

pB0Pj0x.jpg

Look at his starting position. If you take the centre pole for the net he is actually to the left of that. As I said the chances it was going to the far corner are pretty low. He could have been at least a yard more to his right.

CHf46k4.jpg

Looking at this photo you can see the ball is not even in the corner and what distance does he come too short? Yes the distance that he was at the left side of the goal. Sorry his start position is just totally wrong and he should have learned from last season.

I will also add the wall was more of a hindrance than a help for him. Two or three men were plenty from there in my opinion..

Edited by pete

As I said, we’ll agree to disagree. But I bet almost all keepers would have 4 players in a wall from there.

And instead of using the pole as your central point of the goal how about using the penalty spot which is definitely central as opposed to a pole which doesn’t have to be. He is central to the penalty spot. His positioning is not miles out as you would like to believe.

If he comes “at least a yard” more to his right then his left hand post is completely exposed. And you can say “virtually nil” all you like but every inch he comes to his right edges those numbers up.... and that’s the whole point of his positioning. Force the player to play it where you want him to, where you know it will go. And sometimes it just gets hit too well to stop it.

All that said, it’s even boring me. You blame Foderingham all you like. I’ll give the young aberdeen lad the credit for a fantastically struck free kick. Your prerogative to blame the keeper.

Edited by craig

He is left of the penalty spot. If people get bored talking about Rangers then maybe a discussion forum is not the place for them. I will agree the penalty stuff may be boring but surely the performance of a player is discussable?

aOYSjlJ.jpg

This was Maddison last season and you will see he had roughly the same starting position but the ball actually hit the post and went in. Foderingham actually travelled further and had a better attempt to get the ball last season.

6qygrSW.jpg

That is a perfect free-kick although I still question his start position.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. He did follow through deliberately in my opinion and deserved the red card. If it wasn't deliberate, it was still reckless and still a red.
Of course he followed through, what was he meant to do, stop his leg and foot dead after kicking the ball?

Of course he followed through, what was he meant to do, stop his leg and foot dead after kicking the ball?

As I said, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Either way, I'm sure we can all agree that Jack will have to find a way to stop incurring so many cards.

Excellent win that was fully deserved.

I expected Aberdeen to be up for this one but they struggled to impose themselves as we were faster and wanted it more.

Looking at the sheeps results of late, the McInnes speculation factor seems to have worked in our favour wrt. second place.

Red card was one that I'd have wanted had it been the other way about and it's doubtful to be overturned.

Leaves us with the Home match against bottom six team to get to 3IAR games won. A different type of pressure that we desperately need to start sorting out.