[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Wilson 14; Windass 63)

attachment.php?attachmentid=669&d=1512388886

attachment.php?attachmentid=670&d=1512389136

Late tackle by Aberdeen player.

attachment.php?attachmentid=668&d=1512388371

attachment.php?attachmentid=671&d=1512389360

To me at least, those 4 freeze frames show without doubt that Jack shouldn't have been sent off, or yellow carded, or even had a foul called against him.

Jack's motion is completely consistent with making a pass. The fact May shit out of it and arrived late was his own fault, not that of Jack's. Even Jack's follow through is completely consistent with making a pass and then following through.

Wasn't even a free kick let alone a card.

Sorry Cal i was also busy doing that when you posted obviously. I could have saved myself the time. Another thing is that if you look at the first and 3rd photo then May's leg has actually moved further than Jacks.

Hey it's cool as you got a frame I missed. I seem to have to use the mouse with Youtube and so it's hard to get it right. It used to be that the left and right arrow keys would move it one frame.

Edited by calscot

I also wouldn't be screaming for red if it was against us - I might be blue tinted but try hard to remain objective in this kind of thing.

Can't see many "screaming" for red cards for two worse tackles where they didn't get the ball, even though they might be deserved, although possibly could be yellow.

When someone cleanly gets the ball, you have to look for a second kick (or elbow etc) for a red IMHO.

Even if you think it's a sneaky bastard one, I think it's incredibly hard to prove it's in any way malicious when a guy has kicked the ball and then got the player in one movement.

Hey it's cool as you got a frame I missed. I seem to have to use the mouse with Youtube and so it's hard to get it right. It used to be that the left and right arrow keys would move it one frame.

I have more frames but I don't think they add to the argument.

I hope my maths are good here or I will take pelter's. The ball in the photo has travelled roughly 1 meter if you take it the ball was travelling about 36 km\hour which I think may be reasonable guess then it would have taken a decisecond 1\10 of a second from contact with the ball to contact with the leg. What can you do in a decisecond in reaction when you are already in motion.

I hope my maths are good here or I will take pelter's. The ball in the photo has travelled roughly 1 meter if you take it the ball was travelling about 36 km\hour which I think may be reasonable guess then it would have taken a decisecond 1\10 of a second from contact with the ball to contact with the leg. What can you do in a decisecond in reaction when you are already in motion.

This would have made my physics classes at high school much more interesting and relevant Pete. We really do get technical over here on Gersnet sometimes don't we?!?

This is the exact same thing I have been trying to argue on Twitter. Jack doesn't challenge anyone, he makes a pass and, in e fleeting moment, May has come in (late) and Jack's final passing motion is for his leg to come back to the ground, and May's foot is now where Jack's would otherwise be.

That ref says something about a "challenge" - it isn't even a challenge. How can Jack be endangering someone's safety when the other player is the one that put himself in harm's way ? The opponent endangered himself by being late. Its kind of like being sent off for kicking someone in the head, when the opponent headed the ball 1 foot off the ground. It is self-inflicted.

This would have made my physics classes at high school much more interesting and relevant Pete. We really do get technical over here on Gersnet sometimes don't we?!?

I cheated a bit taking 36 km\hour as there are 3600 seconds in an hour and 36000 metres in 36km. Not really that smart. Don't ask me to do a difficult one.:)

STV news there, and not even in the sports section -

" 2 men were arrested at the Aberdeen v Rangers match. A 16 year old for vandalism and a 56 year old for possession of alcohol."

SHOCK ! HORROR !

Wtf is going on here ? :eek2: