[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Wilson 14; Windass 63)

Because I think it should be rescinded, I think we have to appeal. If we win then it shows 3 rescinded red cards out of four which if nothing else will surely make refs think a bit longer before handing out another.

I don't want it to change a sending off if it's due, it's just the number of erroneous ones is surely a bit worrying.

As others have shown, there are far worse where the player didn't get the ball that were unpunished.

Here it's all about proving intent which without a lie detector I would say should go to the benefit of the doubt. When you miss the ball and get the man, then you had no business being so reckless, whether intended or not. Much easier to prove.

Okay I am changing my mind on this.and here is why.

This is the first contact Jack had with the ball. In the second photo you can see the ball has moved a short distance.

in the 3rd photo is the moment of contact with the leg the ball has only travelled about a metre since being kicked.The thing is that May's body shape is also the exact same from start to finish and that his foot has actually came forward halving the distance. If Jack was supposed to do a millisecond turn around why did May not change as he saw far earlier that Jack was getting the ball and had more time to react. What happened after that made it look worse but I see no way Jack could have pulled out of that.

Just my new opinion.

mLK7IRt.jpg

2A14Yng.jpg

5sfVqsp.jpg

jXmXNBM.jpg

Sorry Cal i was also busy doing that when you posted obviously. I could have saved myself the time. Another thing is that if you look at the first and 3rd photo then May's leg has actually moved further than Jacks.

Okay I am changing my mind on this.and here is why.

This is the first contact Jack had with the ball. In the second photo you can see the ball has moved a short distance.

in the 3rd photo is the moment of contact with the leg the ball has only travelled about a metre since being kicked.The thing is that May's body shape is also the exact same from start to finish and that his foot has actually came forward halving the distance. If Jack was supposed to do a millisecond turn around why did May not change as he saw far earlier that Jack was getting the ball and had more time to react. What happened after that made it look worse but I see no way Jack could have pulled out of that.

Just my new opinion.

mLK7IRt.jpg

2A14Yng.jpg

5sfVqsp.jpg

jXmXNBM.jpg

Look at difference in foot travel between the 2nd & 3rd images. It is clear that May is travelling INTO Jack's position. you can see in the 3rd image that Jack has raised his arm in anticipation of the challenge, but is unable to counteract his momentum. May's movement occurs AFTER Jack has played the ball away (ie. Late). Essentially there is ONE challenge being made, and that is from May. If Jack's foot hadn't landed on May, it would have been a free kick to US!!!

Notwithstanding our differences in opinion over the red card, it will be very interesting to see what happens if this one was rescinded. I think the 'authorities' would be opening themselves up to ridicule and accusation if they overturn another one. I'd love to see the comments on Kerrydale if it is though. That would be great entertainment.

If we appeal and win, then surely there is a strong case for proving over-zealous (let's just call it that for now) refereeing towards us. Has there ever been a circumstance like this before where so many red cards are overturned? I can't remember when the appeals process was introduced but this must be some sort of record already.

I also think there's a problem with the review panel too. When you see tackles like those on Tav and Holt, it makes me mad that we can't punish that properly retrospectively. Surely the point of the review panel is to ensure justice is done as far as cards and suspensions is concerned. If a referee gives even a free kick, apparently there is nothing that can then be done about it. That just doesn't make sense in my book.

I don't think there is the slightest chance of this red card being rescinded.

After reviewing the footage umpteen times i'm still unsure whether it was deliberate or not therefore too easy for any review panel to judge in favour of the referee on this occasion.

Do i think May opted out the challenge leading to his injury? probably but If the roles were reversed i'd be screaming for red, who wouldn't?