[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Wilson 14; Windass 63)

REDS RELIEF Aberdeen star Stevie May ISN’T seriously injured after red-card tackle from Rangers’ Ryan Jack.

There were fears the Dons striker could have suffered lasting damage but medics have delivered good news.

STEVIE MAY appears to have escaped serious injury following Ryan Jack’s controversial red-card tackle last Sunday.And the Aberdeen striker could even return to action this weekend.

May had to be subbed off after his leg swelled up within minutes of being caught by the Rangers star in his side’s 2-1 Pittodrie defeat.Gers have appealed against Willie Collum’s decision in a bid to clear Jack’s name and that will be heard at Hampden on Thursday.

The midfielder faces a three-match suspension if he loses the appeal due to his disciplinary record.May, who spent 18 months on the sidelines at Preston after suffering a horror knee injury in a game against Fulham two years ago, has been assessed by the Dons medical team in the last 24 hours now the swelling has started to reduce.

They are confident the 24-year-old hasn’t suffered any lasting damage and if he responds to treatment could even make Friday’s clash with Dundee at Dens Park.

Jack’s challenge on May has sparked fierce debate with former Premier League referee Dermot Gallacher and ex-Celtic star Chris Sutton among those convinced it was a straight red.

But SunSport’s Bill Leckie believes May hurt HIMSELF by pulling out of a 50/50 challenge.

Aye!, thought he got his leg snapped????

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

Mark Twain

Trouble is, most people just don't get that quote, and take it far too literally - usually as just an excuse to rubbish statistics they don't like, or to cover up their lack of understanding of them.

Here's a couple a statistic for you: Goals scored - Aberdeen 1 Rangers 2.

Now I take it you don't believe me...?

Why do they say 50/50 when really it was pretty much 100/0?

I think it maybe started out 50/50, but then Jack continued with his 36km/h velocity, while May decelerates at a rate of 18km/h, resulting in a red card. Or something like that. Pete the physicist can explain it again if you want.

:D

I'm sure Pogba would have used that same logic at the weekend. "How can you send me off for just running? It wasn't my fault I stepped on his legs." Let's be clear here. I'm hoping he gets the red card rescinded, and I really hope a review panel sees what many of you see. However, I don't like players using these excuses for getting away with this. Players have their ways of dishing it out, while disguised as innocent and natural actions. IMO of course.
No way he had time to think like that.

Trouble is, most people just don't get that quote, and take it far too literally - usually as just an excuse to rubbish statistics they don't like, or to cover up their lack of understanding of them.

Here's a couple a statistic for you: Goals scored - Aberdeen 1 Rangers 2.

Now I take it you don't believe me...?

I used the quote with what was said on this thread about Windass and elite level output stats, in mind.

Windass isn't elite level, period....or in other words, the stats produce a conclusion that not even his mother could agree to.