Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

Its an odd one Pete and since you're an ex-pat I'm assuming you'll not really know much about it other than a headline perhaps?

I can understand why Gonzo is whining because it'll affect the price of alcopops and cheap drink like Thunderbird and his Mad dog 20/20 but wont affect the price of a bottle of single malt for me or in your case the price of your bottle of Bolly. :D

As far as I understand there will be no increase in the price of Buckfast and other "tonic wines".

That is the real scandal in all of this imo.

I drink Scottish ales mainly. I love a Speyside malt too (I'll refrain from suggesting what I think you might drink). I'm more concerned about poor people not feeding their kids in order to fund their drinking.

But the referees and the like...I think those who hate our club have their tentacles everywhere. We all went to the pub while they went to the library...

I thought you might have taken my post in the light hearted way it was intended sadly I was mistaken. FYI I prefer the peatier varieties of the Island malts Talisker being my favourite. If people are not feeding their kids in favour of getting drunk then there are far more issues at play than a couple of pence on a bottle of spirits.

I don't find anything about that lot infiltrating every aspect of the Scottish establishment remotely amusing, so you'll have to excuse my lack of humour on this thread.

I agree there are a lot of issues involving drinking culture in Scotland, none of which are good. I don't think putting up prices will help though - drunk people aren't renowned for their fiscal responsibility and addicts always find a way to get their fix. Education is my favoured method to improve things.

Ladbrokes Premiership - Friday

Dundee v Aberdeen - Nick Walsh (BT Sport, 7.45pm)

Ladbrokes Premiership - Saturday

Hamilton Academical v St Johnstone - Craig Thomson

Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell - Andrew Dallas

Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle - Barry Cook

Rangers v Ross County - Euan Anderson

Edited by pete

Ladbrokes Premiership - Friday

Dundee v Aberdeen - Nick Walsh (BT Sport, 7.45pm)

Ladbrokes Premiership - Saturday

Hamilton Academical v St Johnstone - Craig Thomson

Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell - Andrew Dallas

Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle - Barry Cook

Rangers v Ross County - Euan Anderson

Which ones are fenians or nationalists? ;)2