The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

2 hours ago, Darthter said:

Hopefully the club will be sitting down with Morelos & talking over his future plans - if both parties are open & honest, in works best for everyone.

As it stands, he is under contract for another 2 years(??)

Contracted until 31/05/20

6 minutes ago, pete said:

He also said he was a left footer. He will have Gonzo chewing on the arm of the chair with that one.:D

I'm just glad there are no tall buildings or ropes nearby.

It may be significant that just recently Murty said no way would Morelos be leaving for any less than a "barrowload of cash" and I think a figure of 10 million was touched on.  Now soon after we have the Chinese dropping figures of 6 then 8 million.

That may have been shrewd work by Murty who might have known such an offer was in the offing and gave them an acceptable range to start the bidding. Unlike the McKay steal.

McBurnie is another player of the staunch variety but fairly inexperienced compared to Morelos and certainly a different type of striker.

A risk to swap but money talks - might have to be a permanent deal as not sure we can have any more loan players.

it’s a no brainier if we can get McBurnie and the reported cash for Morelos. He’s not here for the long term and i could easily see him taking the huff if he doesn’t get a move. McBurnie would love to play for Rangers and has the potential to be better than Morelos.

McBurnie is not a good replacement, as he is not a goal-scorer; he's a target-man, which may be a good foil for our crossers but he's not a great replacement for Morelos IMO. He's older than Morelos (I think?), but in many ways behind him.

I would suggest the majority have no idea what he's like but want him because of his 'staunch' credentials -- as someone else stated above, I think? 

He's a promising players, and I'd love to have him on our books, but he's not a replacement for Morelos. 

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

A risk to swap but money talks - might have to be a permanent deal as not sure we can have any more loan players.

The article mentioned a possible buying option in the summer. Could we get Dalcio out to accommodate? Why on earth is he still here anyway/

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

McBurnie is not a good replacement, as he is not a goal-scorer; he's a target-man, which may be a good foil for our crossers but he's not a great replacement for Morelos IMO. He's older than Morelos (I think?), but in many ways behind him.

I would suggest the majority have no idea what he's like but want him because of his 'staunch' credentials -- as someone else stated above, I think? 

He's a promising players, and I'd love to have him on our books, but he's not a replacement for Morelos. 

Exact same age, but definitely not a replacement. Morelos is an all rounder, McBurnie isn't so would have to get a lot of goals in the air to accommodate and a lot of assists for the likes of Cummings and Murphy.