The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Definitely getting towards a figure we could accept. But the bottom line is who we could bring in and they don’t seem to be confident they’ve got a realistic target in mind. 

In any case, Rangers have to be sure to go back to Helsinki and have a very close look at their other young imports. I remember from

the Morelos clips on YouTube some other very good foreign players around him, all around his age. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I think you’d get the best out of Herrera if paired with Cummings, it would be a big man - wee man partnership which would suit his style far more than being a lone striker. However I’m not at all convinced the “best of Herrera” is very good. Morelos is a unique app round striker and very hard to replace imo. 

Personally I think Herrera would be better paired with Pena.

If we sell it shows a lack of ambition and a slap in the face to the fans  its  stupid  selling our best for a paltry amount is  a stupid move 8 million is not a lot these days .

38 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

So is Kal Naismith another player we underestimated, like Fleck? If he’s out of contract in the summer he’s probably a better player to have on the bench than the likes of Kranjcar and Herrera. 

Worth noting that when Morelos moves that will be his fourth club in a very short space of time. Whilst all players want to play at the highest level for the most amount of money, this just smacks of being a mercenary. If Morelos had any sense he would stay at a club like us for 2 or 3 seasons, build his reputation in Europe and then make the move. As things stand if he does go to England, it will be the Championship or very low end EPL.