The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Mere guess on my part but I tend to doubt Morelos would consider China at this point. Though they're paying sterling money it's effectively a footballing backwater where Alfredo would be forgotten by the real footballing world. And all that's aside from massive culture shock and being even further away from his family.

He has plenty of time ahead of him to make a big money move to such a backwater at the latter stages of his career not the beginning. I'm sure he does want to make a move at some point but England will be the preferred destination.  Big money big stage. 

I'd like him to stay as also think he can be worth more if he spends another year with us.  If he wont sign an extended contract I'd be inclined to try and maximise the deal from our end and reinvest in improving the squad overall.  Sometimes you've got to work with what is on the table rather than risk the lad losing form, picking up injuries or even just playing the homesick card. 

4 hours ago, craig said:

All of which is good because they aren't Celtic players, and they will no doubt have to pony up a sizeable chunk of the wages.

Just read that they paid “upwards of £5m” and most of his 40k a week wages (which is £2m a year). That would explain why Chelsea let him go for such a ridiculously length of time. As you say good news for us ultimately because it just means they are being propped up by players who don’t belong to them and won’t make them money. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Just read that they paid “upwards of £5m” and most of his 40k a week wages (which is £2m a year). That would explain why Chelsea let him go for such a ridiculously length of time. As you say good news for us ultimately because it just means they are being propped up by players who don’t belong to them and won’t make them money. 

Some are disputing it but the number I read was £5.8 million loan fee plus £40k a week in wages.  I'm not believing it but am actually hoping it is true.