The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Do we think that the boy fancies going to China? 

The money might be terrific, but few players seem to last very long there, acculturation being the obvious issue.

The other consideration is that, in China, a player may very well drop off the radar of both Clubs, and International sides.

A Chinese team? It is probably Glasgow University and he will be moving down to Partick.:D

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

20 minutes ago, DMAA said:

By this stage of the window we couldn't possibly get good value on a replacement, we'd just get ripped off.

Get a loan and spend in the summer when more players are available and cheaper. Oli Burke would be a good loan.

12 minutes ago, SlimJim said:

Get a loan and spend in the summer when more players are available and cheaper. Oli Burke would be a good loan.

I suppose we could do what everyone else is doing and only agree to sell if we get him loaned straight back to us.

In any case, I'd stick rather than twist. A 26 year old Cuellar went for £7.8m in 2008, a 23 year old Hutton went for £9m in 2008, a 25 year old Boumsong went for £8m in 2004 (that's £11.5m in today's money).

Morelos is 21 and a striker (traditionally worth far more than defenders). It's not a lot of money in the context of the money around today.

20 minutes ago, SlimJim said:

Or bring in Tyler Roberts on loan before signing him permanently in the summer.  I can't see us looking to bring in a permanent replacement in this window, and that's even if this rumour is true.  I hope it is though because it'll be a boost that for once we have players sought after elsewhere.