The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Just now, der Berliner said:

I made no claims, I specifically asked:

Maybe some details come out on this when it happens, so perhaps we refrain from all the negative speculation for the time being?

Why throw shyte his way when we don't know any facts? Because we don't like him? That would be rather poor, wouldn't it? You have all the time in the world to slate him if he goes for money and whatnot ... but why would one want to look like a bampot (like that TRO chap) if he moves because of rather different and rather human reasons?

Nobody knows what happened! but if he wants to go fine, he won't be missed, onwards and upwards

In for a late night laugh?

Rangers’ finances dealt heavy blow as deal for star falls through

January 27, 2018

According to Daily Record, Serie A outfit Benevento have pulled on signing Rangers centre-back Bruno Alves, opting to go for former Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna instead.

The Portuguese now looks set to remain at Ibrox until the end of the season, and it could deal a blow on Rangers’ finances.

Having recruited 5 players already this window, balancing the books and wage bills was always going to be necessary for cash-strapped Light Blues.

At £58,000 per week, Alves is currently one of the highest earners at Ibrox, and getting him off the wage bills would be financially relieving for the club.

The 36-year-old is currently injured and will have to battle Russell Martin for a place in the first team upon returning.

Although manager Graeme Murty refuses to admit it, Alves is surplus to requirements at Glasgow, and it’s why bringing in another defender was top priority.

The Portugal international hopes to play enough games to put him in reckoning for a spot in the squad to Russia 2018 World Cup, and with that not guaranteed at Ibrox, a late exit could still be on the cards.

http://futnsoccer.com/2018/01/27/rangers-finances-dealt-heavy-blow-as-deal-for-star-falls-through/

Needless to say, even the DR was not as bold as Mr. Alani and whip up Alves' weekly wages out of thin air. Then again, maybe Yahoo QuickNews et al are correct and we are bound for the Abyss again. Much like we were a few Monday's ago ...

44 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

You, like me, have no idea what happened, which makes your claims null and void, as it is with me!. You would be best sticking to facts before defending him, we are only commenting on information we hear/read, the same information you have!

If dB would be best sticking to facts before defending should those attacking him not be doing likewise ?

10 hours ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

Beckham may have not been elite but he never was.  He was always a top player and was still a top player when he went to Galaxy.  He played regularly for Milan and PSG in his loan spells. 

I certainly don't think he was finished.

That's subjective; I think he was an elite player. 

He was nothing more than a bit-part player at Milan and PSG. 

9 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Who is attacking him?

About 9 out of 10 people over on FF ... and "attacking" here is more or less refering to giving him a hard time about his decision to leave us. Unless I am mistaken, he's a Liverpool fan so one can understand his decision to join them, even at young age. A different manager might have turned him into something great. He came back to help us back up and thus, like anyone else doing that, he won't get that much bother from me. For hundreds of others and lesser players them him did not. And unless there is some facts about Wilson leaving rather than in essence negative conjecture, I for one would hope we thank him for his services to our club and leave him be.

There's positive conjecture to go along with the negative, but I've been quite objective, I think, in stating I see this a poor move, in a purely footballing sense.; both for his development as a player, and for us. 

Transfer rumours wise, it has gone somewhat quiet. The interesting one popping up is Tyler Roberts, that 18-year old WBA striker, who is out of contract this summer and might be available for a development fee (250k). As in: pre-contract now.

Then there are rumours that we look at a left-sided centre-half to replace Wilson (even though we have cover galore) and a couple of chaps from Brentford (see above somewhere, Rocksport Radio said something about talks next week) as well as Kyle Bartley (on loan) have been whispered about.

Edited by der Berliner