The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

6 minutes ago, StuGers said:

Im sure they actually paid a stupidly high fee for Roberts’ loan.

The number wasn't released but as with Musonda they said it was a 7 figure fee. So although those are two loan signings, their spending is well into the millions for the season.

Surely not, is that not just idiocy, they bang on about players like Wanyama and van Dijk who they bout low and sold high, surely its madness to spunk that much on loand players who you are going to have for just over a year, unless they think they can qualify for the champions league with them so they are hedging their bets, who knows but it seem mental if that's the case.

On to Alfredo, I really don't want the wee man to go, I like him a lot, he offers something different just with his sheer strength and workrate, however that may be out of our hands, if his head has been turned there isn't much we can do about it, we just need to get the best deal possible for ourselves, I wouldn't sell for less than 10 mill at the minute, we have been told he wants to stay but he may be getting a substantial wage increase over there, and if that's the case he goes with our best wishes.

If we do get a bit of dough I would hope a decent amount would be invested back in the squad, my punt if we have to replace Morelos - Jordan Morris of Seattle Sounders, although i'd like to see them take a chance on Oli McBurnie as well.

11 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The number wasn't released but as with Musonda they said it was a 7 figure fee. So although those are two loan signings, their spending is well into the millions for the season.

All of which is good because they aren't Celtic players, and they will no doubt have to pony up a sizeable chunk of the wages.

I would like to see Morelos stay....regardless of the money offered for him.  He's going a great job for us, and by rejecting £6m+ offers, it shows that we are in a strong position & that we value the player an awful lot more.

Also, by holding onto him just now, it gives more time to identify suitable replacements & hopefully drive up Morelos' price tag.

we're forgetting the player might not want to go. I thought he was showcasing here with an eye on England. So even if we wanted to take the money it might not have been possible to open the box (ref Michael Miles for those not old enough)

8 minutes ago, colinstein said:

we're forgetting the player might not want to go. I thought he was showcasing here with an eye on England. So even if we wanted to take the money it might not have been possible to open the box (ref Michael Miles for those not old enough)

Quoted on sky as being interested in the move

12 minutes ago, compo said:

I wonder  if we will see one of these crazy last day of the window  transfers .

Apparently, the Chinese window does not (slam) shut untill the end of February.

Fiendish.