The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Hopefully the club will be sitting down with Morelos & talking over his future plans - if both parties are open & honest, in works best for everyone.

If he states that he would like a move in the summer, then it should be pointed out that if he plays well & increases interest, then the club will actively try & achieve the best deal for him.

As it stands, he is under contract for another 2 years(??) so if the club don't want to sell him, theres nothing he can do about it (other than "withdraw his labour", but that just hampers his future options.

I think we will struggle to bring anyone in to replace him, given the time scale.  Therefore, I'd be telling everyone, he's not for sale....or stick a completely ridiculous value on him - £50+.  Fact is, he's a very important player for us and his goals could proving vital in the latter stages of the league & cups.

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I take it if we sell Morelos, Robin Van Persie will finally arrive?

?

Unfortunately, he has already signed for Feyenoord and played for them.  The "3 clubs in a season" was the deal-breaker for us :D

Just now, Whosthedado said:

What's the bets on him not making a single first team appearance

He’ll play this season. I’ve been watching him through the ranks at Scotland level. Very quick, great physique, finishes from all sorts of range and a natural left footer. Superb.

Just now, SlimJim said:

He’ll play this season. I’ve been watching him through the ranks at Scotland level. Very quick, great physique, finishes from all sorts of range and a natural left footer. Superb.

Sounds promising mate. Sorry for the doom and gloom post. It's just we have seen lots of young players through the years coming in and very few make it

Just now, Whosthedado said:

Sounds promising mate. Sorry for the doom and gloom post. It's just we have seen lots of young players through the years coming in and very few make it

True, but physically he’ll have no problems so I’m not sure why he wouldn’t be challenging very soon. I’ve been raving about this player for a couple of years. 

2 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I think Murty is a different breed in that regard though.  He seems completely ambivalent to a player's age and standing.  Seems to me to have the "if hes good enough hes old enough" mentality. 

Whilst not technically bringing McCrorie in he has stuck by him.  He threw Barjonas into the mix at Easter Road when we were under pressure, and has used him in other games.  Happy enough to use Bates too.

I think this lad stands a better chance of 1st team football under Murty than he would have under Murty's 2 predecessors.

SlimJim, you need to curtail the superlatives.... or I will actually start believing we have a tremendous talent on our hands and start to get excited about our scouting department....