The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

This made me snort with laughter:

Gareth Southgate’s Godson, Freddie Woodman, has left Newcastle United for Aberdeen on loan. The star of England Under-20s World Cup win last summer badly needs game time and Derek McInnes, Aberdeen’s manager, will throw him in at the deep end as replacement for the injured Joe Lewis. Brendan Rodgers wanted to take Woodman on loan to Celtic but has lost out to McInnes and Aberdeen. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2018/jan/31/transfer-deadline-day-aubameyang-giroud-batshuayi-mahrez-latest-live

Daily Record saying Rangers are making enquiries about Jack Hendry. Again if true, it would suggest Rangers are at least looking at where the Morelos money could go. I haven't seen him play, and though he might be a great future player he probably wouldn't make much difference to the team this season starting ahead of either Alves, Bates, Martin or McRorie.

Edited by DMAA

36 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Exact same age, but definitely not a replacement. Morelos is an all rounder, McBurnie isn't so would have to get a lot of goals in the air to accommodate and a lot of assists for the likes of Cummings and Murphy.

McBurnie has scored a barrel load of goals with his feet, he’s not just a target man. He’s got a good touch and is mobile. I’ve seen him plenty for a scotland u21s and 19s, plus MOTD on occasion. Morelos is a goal scorer but has a poor first touch and not great pace.

3 hours ago, craig said:

Tyler Roberts is confirmed as a Leeds player

That's a real pity.  I really hoped we'd land this boy, but I suppose we can't compete with the salary he'll get down there.