[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (John 39)

I'll hold any criticism of Murty today.

Our starting 11 today had an average age of 23, our most experienced player today was Candeias at 29. That's a big part of the problem, the lack of depth in our squad is very noticeable when five first choice players are missing. But Pena, Herrara or Kranjcar could have at least brought some experience to the side because it was clearly lacking. Our midfield contained two people you could say are midfielders; Candeias and Holt, and even then you could say Candeias is really a forward. None of them are leaders or people who'll stamp their authority on the match. To be fair only Kranjcar from the bench could have brought that. We can only speculate as to why he isn't getting a game.

I guess he could have played Cardoso instead of Bates or Wilson but thay're much of a muchness to me, perhaps and Kranjcar instead of Hodson letting John go back to full back. But beyond that who is else is he going to play? Herrara shouldn't start in front of Morelos and he can't play the position that Windass was asked too. Pena is a luxury player, he's got a deft touch at times but his work-rate and awareness seem to be lacking. Barjonas is only 18, he's not the answer, yet.

Jack will be back soon and I hope Alves and maybe Wallace. They'll make a difference to the side. But that squad needs strengthened and soon because Murty has no chance as it stands.

That’s the number King gave. £7m pledged in soft loans over the remainder of this season and next. Even if part of this money is t be redirected to the playing squad instead of infrastructure for example the bottom line is that it is coming from director loans not from football or commercial profits and the stated aim of King & co is that the club becomes self sustainable.

I don’t know the amounts paid to PC and his team as pay off but unlikely it would be the full value of the remainder of their contracts and I don’t know the structure of the deal being proposed with mcinnes. It’s safe to say we are more or less skint.

I'll hold any criticism of Murty today.

Our starting 11 today had an average age of 23, our most experienced player today was Candeias at 29. That's a big part of the problem, the lack of depth in our squad is very noticeable when five first choice players are missing. But Pena, Herrara or Kranjcar could have at least brought some experience to the side because it was clearly lacking. Our midfield contained two people you could say are midfielders; Candeias and Holt, and even then you could say Candeias is really a forward. None of them are leaders or people who'll stamp their authority on the match. To be fair only Kranjcar from the bench could have brought that. We can only speculate as to why he isn't getting a game.

I guess he could have played Cardoso instead of Bates or Wilson but thay're much of a muchness to me, perhaps and Kranjcar instead of Hodson letting John go back to full back. But beyond that who is else is he going to play? Herrara shouldn't start in front of Morelos and he can't play the position that Windass was asked too. Pena is a luxury player, he's got a deft touch at times but his work-rate and awareness seem to be lacking. Barjonas is only 18, he's not the answer, yet.

Jack will be back soon and I hope Alves and maybe Wallace. They'll make a difference to the side. But that squad needs strengthened and soon because Murty has no chance as it stands.

He should have played the diamond with Pena in the point, McCrorie at the back and Holt and Barjonas in the middle.

He could even have played Herrera up front and put Morelos in the point.

Windass or Kranjcar in the point was another option as was 3 at the back.

There were plenty of options he just picked the wrong one.

He should have played the diamond with Pena in the point, McCrorie at the back and Holt and Barjonas in the middle.

Would you this be the Pena who cannot control the ball on a grass pitch far less a synthetic one or the Kranjcar who has no pace and is not suited to a physical encounter. Herrera up front might have been an option rather that Windass who had a poor game though this is difficult to call since the former has had limited game time and latter has been in good form. What today shows is the limitation of options available to our manager when Wallace, Dorrans, Jack and Alves are not available.

That’s the number King gave. £7m pledged in soft loans over the remainder of this season and next. Even if part of this money is t be redirected to the playing squad instead of infrastructure for example the bottom line is that it is coming from director loans not from football or commercial profits and the stated aim of King & co is that the club becomes self sustainable.

I don’t know the amounts paid to PC and his team as pay off but unlikely it would be the full value of the remainder of their contracts and I don’t know the structure of the deal being proposed with mcinnes. It’s safe to say we are more or less skint.

because king said it will happen is no indication it actually will. Next agm will no doubt say "due to unforeseen upturn in revenue the need for loans was diminished"

He still says he has put in over £6m when thats not 100% true and includes his purchase price, he has put nearer £1.5m into the club.

If a club is skint why would you sack the manager and start a dof and new scouting network plus try however unsuccessfully to sign a manager who has a fee attached?

Edited by trublusince1982

Its the only formation the team have looked comfortable in all year. should not be altered until it starts to fail

The continual overlooking of Kranjcar is strange. If he's done then don't put him on the bench, if he's not then play him. I wouldn't have played Pena today, not his surface and without Jack's industry he'd have been a complete passenger in my opinion. I think Murty changed it because Kilmarnock are decent out wide and our diamond is narrow and would have given them too much space. Still, what he did do didn't work either. You also have to ask when Hardie will get a run.

Agree with that pete he did pick the wrong option the problem was he did not try to change things, as his starting line up was not working .