Pacific Quay Musings?

Anyone catch the Reporting Scotland report on the Hampden decision?

McLaughlin at his self-indulgent worst. Haughey painted as saviour, obviously. Tom Hunter fronting half the money. Glasgow is the centre of Scottish football, spiritual home blah blah.

Bit that stood out was on Hampden memories. Sound of commentary from Griffiths free kicks vs England. Fair enough. Only the pictures that accompanied it were stills of Griffiths. Fair enough. Then Tierney. Then Brown. 

Maybe i'm looking into these things too much these days, but that's some selective editing. I would say McLaughlin and his team are totally out of control. I hope they get slapped down soon and permanently. 

10 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

McLaughlin at his self-indulgent worst. Haughey painted as saviour, obviously. Tom Hunter fronting half the money. Glasgow is the centre of Scottish football, spiritual home blah blah.

Bit that stood out was on Hampden memories. Sound of commentary from Griffiths free kicks vs England. Fair enough. Only the pictures that accompanied it were stills of Griffiths. Fair enough. Then Tierney. Then Brown. 

Maybe i'm looking into these things too much these days, but that's some selective editing. I would say McLaughlin and his team are totally out of control. I hope they get slapped down soon and permanently. 

Paranoia is sitting in lad get help quick ?

58 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Brown, Griffiths, and Tierney - the trio of enfants terrible.

It was that very three who led the march of triumph around the Stydome in the immediate wake of their victory. I hope some Journo has the cahones to ask them if they were mindful of their actions reference the effects to Rangers wheelchair supporters? It won't be Chris to ask such a question, he is in thrall to the trio.

1 hour ago, Rick Roberts said:

British Bias Corporation, nothing to be paranoid about, does what it says on the Tim, or is it Tin?

The word is that BBC regional staff in England want to interview Gerrard but PQ would view that as tantamount to crossing the picket line. Bun fights have ensued and are in the process of being subject to arbitration from Network in London.

I wonder what the middle ground will look like.

1 hour ago, Rick Roberts said:

Of course, no one has asked why the SFA needed a gift of £2.5m. But hey that doesn't come into journalistic rigour these days at BBC PQ.

The Daily Mail ran a story with Haughey confirming that Tom Hunter is part of the deal. Ian Maxwell is asked by other journos if any other benefactor is involved, his answer: "no".

Hmmm...

You are spot on with McLaughlin et al Rick. Subliminal and supraliminal visual stimuli. All part of action priming by our national broadcasting service.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

Just now, Soulsonic5791 said:

Of course, no one has asked why the SFA needed a gift of £2.5m. But hey that doesn't come into journalistic rigour these days at BBC PQ.

The Daily Mail ran a story with Haughey confirming that Tom Hunter is part of the deal. Ian Maxwell is asked by other journos if any other benefactor is involved, his answer: "no".

Hmmm...

tbf Jackie Bird did ask if there were any strings attached. He said No. So its all kosher. Stand down everyone. ?

4 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

tbf Jackie Bird did ask if there were any strings attached. He said No. So its all kosher. Stand down everyone. ?

Aye.

But is that the same as asking why the SFA needed the money? Haughey and Maxwell have confirmed that the altruistic donation is going to the SFA and not Queen's Park.

Why?