Pacific Quay Musings?

9 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I suspect the lads are hinting at her time as Chair of the St Aloysius College PTA. Her three sons were educated at the Jesuit bastion.

Given she was raised in a Presbyterian heartland it's surprising she's involved with a catholic school. Her husband seems to have roots in Lewis too which again is a Presbyterian heartland. Might just be they didn't consider religion important and chose the best fee paying school in their area. In any case it's not what it seems.

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Given she was raised in a Presbyterian heartland it's surprising she's involved with a catholic school. Her husband seems to have roots in Lewis too which again is a Presbyterian heartland. Might just be they didn't consider religion important and chose the best fee paying school in their area. In any case it's not what it seems.

Donalda is married to Seumas MacInnes, he owns Cafe Gandolfi in Albion Street, Glasgow. He hail hails from Barra.

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Donalda is married to Seumas MacInnes, he owns Cafe Gandolfi in Albion Street, Glasgow. He hail hails from Barra.

I think you're right actually. Her husband will have been raised catholic but she will have raised a presbyterian herself.

BBCPQ seems to employ a very significant number of high profile persons from Irish/catholic/nationalist/ republican backgrounds.

This for a supposedly  U.K. broadcaster seems quite a strange state of affairs does it not?

Do they Rab? I'm not sure that's true actually. Most nationalists I know are convinced Pacific Quay is filled with MI5 agents spreading interference. 

BBC Scotland have a number of issues but I'm not convinced they've got an imbalance along those lines.

In my opinion they've issues around getting working class people into broadcasting and there's a disproportionate number of Gaelic speakers.