Pacific Quay Musings?

People also ask

Do I need a TV Licence if I don t watch BBC?
You don't need a TV Licence to own or possess a television set. However, if you use it to watch or record programmes as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service, or to download or watch BBC programmes on demand, including catch up TV, on BBC iPlayer, then you need a TV Licence in order to do so.

I didn't know that thanks. As far as I can remember they add the TV Licence on to your tax bill in Holland,

so everybody has to pay it and I have just learned I pay 18 euro's a month in Germany and I don't even watch  F'n German TV.
I have learned a lot tonight.:D

Traveled all day Sunday by car and Ferry, arrived on a small French island late yesterday morning.

Deliberately listened to the cricket on long wave, then switched to BBC Radio Scotland medium wave just after two O'Clock. I was cresting a hill on the A34 in Oxfordshire and thought it was the best chance of catching the score? There's a fair amount of surf, I can make out the Yahoos singing(obviously the walk of triumph), my heart sinks. The reception begins to improve and the meandering delivery of Tom English is recognisable as we top the hill; then booming through comes the comforting hatred of Big Dick, "Surely McGregor should have been off, Michael Stewart confirms it"?

As I drove into a dip and lost the frequency, the consolation was immense, knowing Big Dick, the new Compliant Officer remained on full hate flow. 

Quick word on the Monday night Sportsound podcast.

When talking about whether Allan McGregor should be cited by the C.O., Michael Stewart said that he couldn't because of a precedent set earlier in the season.

For him, the Morelos red to yellow for a 'kick out' was the precedent.

Now, more recently than that there was an incident involving Steven Naismith and a kick-out that was almost identical to what McGregor did at the weekend, both that he was on the ground and the negligible force used. 

Why did Michael Stewart choose the Morelos incident over a much better and more recent incident in a game that he watched ?

4 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Because of the anti Rangers paranoia at PQ.

Michael Stewart tends to be independent (pun not intended), very careful and deliberate with his words.

He also harbours personal grudges that come through loud and clear of occasion (eg. Craig Levein).

IMO his choice of precedent has more to do with the team involved and the subliminal point he wants to make is that Rangers players can kick and 'get away with it'. 

On the same programme, Darryl Broadfoot pointed out that this season has seen a different interpretation of / rule wrt kicks / force / colour of card. From what I have seen, the various decisions have reflected that and the general media hoo-haa is uninformed Colin Nish (this hasn't changed).

39 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Here's a screenshot from the report on the Scotland match...

2cnb5p3.png

They are clearly taking the piss.

They are brazen Gonzo. They are unaccountable and they know it. No doubt I'll be accused of being paranoid with that observation.

Whoever is directing this thinks that on occasion they are being subtle in their conditioning. But anyone with half a brain can see right through it.

BBC PQ's output standards border on being tabloid in much of its televisual, radio and online content.