Pacific Quay Musings?

Just listened to it. The section on Rangers was absolutely fine and very positive. But who is the editor who chose to give us a fraction of the timeslot Celtic got? They described our result as a remarkable achievement along with many other superlatives, but a routine win over some diddies from Lithuania get more than 4 times more discussion, bizarre.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Just listened to it. The section on Rangers was absolutely fine and very positive. But who is the editor who chose to give us a fraction of the timeslot Celtic got? They described our result as a remarkable achievement along with many other superlatives, but a routine win over some diddies from Lithuania get more than 4 times more discussion, bizarre.

I am not interested in listening to it but Celtic supporters want to talk about Celtic and negative things about Rangers not positive. I will be honest I couldn't fill 3 minutes about facts over Celtic.

1 minute ago, pete said:

I am not interested in listening to it but Celtic supporters want to talk about Celtic and negative things about Rangers not positive. I will be honest I couldn't fill 3 minutes about facts over Celtic.

Just to clarify I only listened to the Rangers section. However Steven Thompson and Billy Dodds are not Celtic fans, they were very positive and genuinely enthusiastic about Rangers. Seems to me it's the editors and people higher up who are to blame. 

Anyone else noticed a change in tone in their BBC Sport app articles?  They appear to be much more positive.  Having said that, they are not smart enough to present our performances as anything other than impressive.

Yesterday, PQ's coverage of Rangers in Russia was made up of David Currie presenting, Rob McLean meant to be commentating from a link to Rangers TV, and both Steven Thomson and Billy Dodds squeezed into the studio too. It must have been a tight fit as Thommo' and Doddsy brought their EBTs with them. Overall, it was mostly complimentary; a record of four ties, eight games in Euro qualification, and never being behind at any point, is undeniable. I suspect some PQ Producer will be on it, there's clear need for another Rangers supporter like Graham Spiers to contribute. Remember, Graham observed a clearly nervous Steven Gerrard on the day of his appointment? We need that type of insight.

Move it on an hour or so, and gravy train rolled into station Stydome. The doors opened and the usual cast alighted on to the platform. Big Dick, Chris McLaughlin, Tom English, Liam McLeod, Scott McDonald, and Pat Bonner. Three and a half hours of snouts in the trough ensued. It will be the same on Sunday, maybe Billy and his EBT will be invited to ride in the Guard's Van? Thommo and Michael Stewart will in the PQ studio ready to condemn any Rangers transgressions. This gravy train will not suffer derailment, and is guaranteed to hit the buffers at ra Sellik's new Fanzone in Janefield Street, courtesy of GCC. All aboard, cho-choing the money.

Often, I have wondered aloud as to the continuing longevity of DrStu's presence on the PQ express? He has hung around PQ(and Hamilton Drive before) like the proverbial bad smell. Twenty-four years with 'On/Off the Ball', several years on the 'Media Review' with Dr Eamonn O'Neill, all those other shows he presents such as, 'My Life in Five Books', ...... etc. Currently, he is in his sixty-seventh year, he admitted he earned £47,000 last year from solely 'On/Off the Ball'. Remember, for fifteen years or so, he was also being highly remunerated by Channel Four as their Director of Nations and Regions? DrStu' has donned Casey Jones stripped dungarees and has his hand firmly on the throttle.

Just prior to One O'Clock, DrStu and Eamonn stepped down from the plate, to conduct the weekly media review. This week's, and for some weeks to come, the impediment on the line was former First Minister, Alex Salmond's recent conduct. Both Doctors rarely veer off strict nationalist rails. O'Neill painted a picture of a dank tunnel, DrStu' came bursting out. "in all of this, the First Minister has played a blinder". Nicola spent a most successful week at the Edinburgh Festival hosting seminars on female empowerment, presented a talk on feminist books, and he finished with, "she's played a blinder". In a minute long rant, he repeated the blinder line again, then thought and said, "I don't want to come across as a Bute House sook". It's real insight in how DrStu' retains his place at Court. Similarly, on the same show a couple of years past, the host, John Beattie on a discussion on the newly appointed Director of BBC Scotland, Donalda MacKinnon, inquired, "has anyone met her"? DrStu' pipes in, "I have met her on a half-a-dozen occasions, I like her, I like her a lot". What a Toady!

Soulful Saintee driving the Midnight Train to Georgia. He would rather be seen iiving in Donald's world, Nicola's world, insert any other establishment figure's name, .....etc and taking the dosh, than live without them(and their dosh) in his.   

I've a confession to make, I've met Donalda MacKinnon, and I quite liked her too. ? Never met Stuart Cosgrove though, so I'm not compelled to say anything nice about him! 

I caught the last half hour of our match on the tranny. Dodds and Thomson were pretty enthusiastic about us, even Rob McLean was complimentary. Surely the BBC can cover our away matches? Why didn't they have someone in Ufa commentating? I also turned on to hear the Celtic score, although the lack of pings on my phone had already told me they must have won. Pat Bonnar and Scott McDonald were the most rational and realistic of the people on the programme at that time, which tells you the level of cheerleading the others were engaging in. When Richard Gordon built up this Sunday's match as being fascinating "for neutrals" Bonnar's instant retort of "no one is really neutral" made me laugh. Big Pat clearly knows his BBC colleagues pretty well now. 

8 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I've a confession to make, I've met Donalda MacKinnon, and I quite liked her too. ? Never met Stuart Cosgrove though, so I'm not compelled to say anything nice about him! 

I caught the last half hour of our match on the tranny. Dodds and Thomson were pretty enthusiastic about us, even Rob McLean was complimentary. Surely the BBC can cover our away matches? Why didn't they have someone in Ufa commentating? I also turned on to hear the Celtic score, although the lack of pings on my phone had already told me they must have won. Pat Bonnar and Scott McDonald were the most rational and realistic of the people on the programme at that time, which tells you the level of cheerleading the others were engaging in. When Richard Gordon built up this Sunday's match as being fascinating "for neutrals" Bonnar's instant retort of "no one is really neutral" made me laugh. Big Pat clearly knows his BBC colleagues pretty well now. 

Donalda MacKinnon is perhaps THE biggest part of the problem at BBC PQ. Research her background & you’ll understand what I mean

37 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Donalda MacKinnon is perhaps THE biggest part of the problem at BBC PQ. Research her background & you’ll understand what I mean

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

the newly appointed Director of BBC Scotland, Donalda MacKinnon, inquired, "has anyone met her"? DrStu' pipes in, "I have met her on a half-a-dozen occasions, I like her, I like her a lot". What a Toady!

Why is Donalda MacKinnon part of the problem?