Pacific Quay Musings?

49 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Anyone got an issue with English's essay posted on their website yesterday?

Yep I have. He’s basically asking the refs to make it up as they are going along because the rules are ambiguous and contradictory and saying leave it to the refs interpretation to do what they think right. Then he’s flagging up incidents where he thinks that in his opinion the refs didn’t get it right despite the fact they are doing what he suggests and making it up as they go along.

His article is biased hogwash and has 3 examples of injustices which favoured Rangers in his opinion and none which Rangers may have suffered from which from my blue tinted perspective is wrong. Only a complete fool would suggest Morelos deserved his red, and when you add clowns like Michael Stewart in claiming Morelos “volleyed” pure weak timid fragile McKenna then you are left with one conclusion. Our refs might be useless but so are our sports journalists. Morelos did not use excessive or brutal force and the referees are entitled to overturn his card. 

He also omits that other countries seem to do OK with the current rule book.

He ignored that some clubs (well one club) have their decisions and alleged offences poured over in micro detail and even our national broadcaster has submitted video details to UEFA against one of our clubs (guess which one - same evil Rangers) hoping they would take action. Meanwhile another club has a thug wearing the number 8 jersey who can hack and elbow without scrutiny. If our refs are garbage (which they are) then they are not helped by a biased, torchlit pitchfork mob called BBC Sportsound who until now have rarely bothered their collective backsides to consult the football laws. Normally don’t mind him but this article is garbage and I wish I got paid for writing cr*p. In fact cancel that, I wouldn’t submit such a ludicrous piece. 

50 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Yep I have. He’s basically asking the refs to make it up as they are going along because the rules are ambiguous and contradictory and saying leave it to the refs interpretation to do what they think right. Then he’s flagging up incidents where he thinks that in his opinion the refs didn’t get it right despite the fact they are doing what he suggests and making it up as they go along.

His article is biased hogwash and has 3 examples of injustices which favoured Rangers in his opinion and none which Rangers may have suffered from which from my blue tinted perspective is wrong. Only a complete fool would suggest Morelos deserved his red, and when you add clowns like Michael Stewart in claiming Morelos “volleyed” pure weak timid fragile McKenna then you are left with one conclusion. Our refs might be useless but so are our sports journalists. Morelos did not use excessive or brutal force and the referees are entitled to overturn his card. 

He also omits that other countries seem to do OK with the current rule book.

He ignored that some clubs (well one club) have their decisions and alleged offences poured over in micro detail and even our national broadcaster has submitted video details to UEFA against one of our clubs (guess which one - same evil Rangers) hoping they would take action. Meanwhile another club has a thug wearing the number 8 jersey who can hack and elbow without scrutiny. If our refs are garbage (which they are) then they are not helped by a biased, torchlit pitchfork mob called BBC Sportsound who until now have rarely bothered their collective backsides to consult the football laws. Normally don’t mind him but this article is garbage and I wish I got paid for writing cr*p. In fact cancel that, I wouldn’t submit such a ludicrous piece. 

Wrt the general clamour to hang, draw and quarter Alfredo Morelos,...... It's instructive to listen to yesterdays Sportsound podcast (link below, relevant part begins at 46mins 50 secs). 

Darryl Broadfoot offers up the facts but nobody wants to accept them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06lg1f6

I had the misfortune to hear that last night, or a large part of it. Only one fellow had a clue - Darryl Broadfoot.

I have noticed this before.

The rest of the panel, partisan to a man, is a rabble. McIntyre failed in his role as convenor/moderator. I have noticed this before, too. 

What may be said at all, may be said clearly; whereof we cannot speak, thereof we must be silent.

Yep, there ain't half been some clever bastards; don't know if this one supported Rapid, mark you.

Edited by Uilleam

On 18/09/2018 at 16:01, Uilleam said:

I had the misfortune to hear that last night, or a large part of it. Only one fellow had a clue - Darryl Broadfoot.

I have noticed this before.

The rest of the panel, partisan to a man, is a rabble. McIntyre failed in his role as convenor/moderator. I have noticed this before, too. 

What may be said at all, may be said clearly; whereof we cannot speak, thereof we must be silent.

Yep, there ain't half been some clever bastards; don't know if this one supported Rapid, mark you.

I always thought you were the sort to quote Wittgenstein.

8 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I always thought you were the sort to quote Wittgenstein.

And, in this instance, Ian Dury. (He led a popular beat combo in the 1970s.)

I

In any event, the balloons of Pacific Quay Emerald would do well to heed LW's advice.