Pacific Quay Musings?

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Rangers have two options to resolve it.

1. Win the league and make the B.B.C. look foolish.

2. Restore privileged access to McLaughlin.

Which one are you asking for?

To be honest I think If we win the league the BBC will revel in them keeping silent on it. I think they are past feeling stupid. They just don't give a shit about rangers or their supporters. 

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

It's Rangers fans who are being greatly inconvenienced RS, that's why Rangers should be trying to solve this too. There are tens of thousands of supporters who can't make matches and who rely on radio coverage to follow the game. The fault lies with the BBC, that doesn't mean both sides should try and solve this. 

No we're not. There's no inconvenience at all ... unless you're clinically stuck in the past and unable to move on. I've said before on here that Rangers needs to start providing a radio service but I can live without it if the alternative is to listen to the BBC disparaging my club at every turn.

It's amusing you still harbour hope that the BBC can be reasoned with.

1 hour ago, les186 said:

I was driving home on Sunday and tuned in to Radio Scotland to see how Rangers were getting on. All I got was a discussion about Celtic's defeat and their poor form. Eventually there was a very brief mention that Rangers were leading 1-0 then back to Celtic. I managed to tune into Radio Clyde who were also banging on about Celtic but did have a detailed update on what was happening at Ibrox at regular intervals. What I wanted of course and what other Rangers fans want is a continuous commentary on the game. Something needs to give or change.

Rangers radio is clearly the best solution. I think I'll write to the club about it.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Rangers radio is clearly the best solution. I think I'll write to the club about it.

It would be an option that wouldn't excuse or solve the issue at hand, ie. the national and publicly financed broadcaster not fullfilling it's obligations to licence payers.

Simply put, we have a right to get proportionate independent coverage and that is over and above the 'ongoing issue' stemming from McLaughlin and the withdrawal of his press privilages.

It seems clear that PQ are now adopting an increasingly in your face 'f**k you' approach with decisions around recent coverage.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

No we're not. There's no inconvenience at all ... unless you're clinically stuck in the past and unable to move on. I've said before on here that Rangers needs to start providing a radio service but I can live without it if the alternative is to listen to the BBC disparaging my club at every turn.

It's amusing you still harbour hope that the BBC can be reasoned with.

Let's not forget the opposition fans of the teams we play are also getting short changed.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

They actually had that for a while back in the day ... i.e. you could sign up for the audio stream of the ongoing RTV live coverage of a game ... and Tom Miller usually talks a lot. ?

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Let's not forget the opposition fans of the teams we play are also getting short changed.

Oh let's not forget them. 

Ooops I've already forgotten about them. How sad.

34 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Radio commentary will be tied up in the rights that the BBC have so isn't necessarily a goer until such deals are up for negotiation.  It will be interesting to see what stance the club takes when that happens

As far as I'm aware they don't negotiate with Rangers but with the "authorities. However, if Rangers can broadcast TV worldwide I assume they can broadcast radio by the same means.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

It would be an option that wouldn't excuse or solve the issue at hand, ie. the national and publicly financed broadcaster not fullfilling it's obligations to licence payers.

Simply put, we have a right to get proportionate independent coverage and that is over and above the 'ongoing issue' stemming from McLaughlin and the withdrawal of his press privilages.

It seems clear that PQ are now adopting an increasingly in your face 'f**k you' approach with decisions around recent coverage.

Yeah, we have such awesome rights. What do you propose to achieve them ... because indignation sure as hell isn't going to do it, no matter how far up the moral high ground you think you are.

Edited by Bill