Pacific Quay Musings?

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

The only way Fiona Hyslop would become involved, is if you offered her the opportunity to eat Pacific Quay.

We have to ensure the MV Waverley is out of reach, she enjoys a boat dessert. Apres consumption, she would be bobbing in the Clyde, providing a hazard to river navigation. 

Improving public services is part of the scottish governments vision and KPIs. All that is in the public domain on various URLs. Broadcasting which is s public service (albeit one that the Scottish govt doesn’t have much control over) is within her remit and it’s part of her job ministerial portfolio. Unless you think it can be fixed by contacting the BBC and asking them to play fair then the best route is the political route but I agree it needs thought through before going to her.

She won’t get to eat the BBC which she knows but she can be pressurised to take an interest in this. I am sure taking a swipe at the paucity of the BBC nations and regions output is something she could and should get interested in.

The BBC may be miscalculating that with the upsurge of Rangers fortunes that we will give in. I don’t think we should and I think applying pressure in different areas such as Ofcom and politics could be effective given the likely clamour down south for more visibility of Gerrard. Now is the time. 

I’d be interested if you have a better suggestion but we’ve now had a lot of posts and going round in a circle of complaining rather than working out what to actually do. Nothing personal btw!

13 hours ago, JohnMc said:

The issue just now is about losing face. Both the BBC and Rangers have taken up positions that make compromise difficult without one looking like it's 'backed down'. If Rangers were to announce they'd reinstated media credentials to Chris McLaughlin they'd take a lot of criticism from a decent percentage of the support. If the BBC announced they'd decided to send someone else they'd be criticised too by some staff, external voices, other club's supporters and so on. Yet, fixing this is really quite straightforward in my opinion. The BBC agree to cover Rangers in the same way they cover every other side and the problem is solved. The issue is then how to 'sell' that to our support and those who who support the BBC's stance. That's where 'the statement' comes in. Both parties should be able to word something that allows both to save face, appeases those who don't want compromise or agreement and then all the rest of us who simply want normal coverage of our football club, coverage we've paid for and continue to pay for, can get on with things. 

It's not in anyone's interests this carries on indefinitely, particularly not the Rangers support who are the only people being properly inconvenienced here. 

This will never happen.  Even if the B.B.C. were to agree it would not live up to the agreement. 

Much better to win and make them look foolish.

We should also do our best to attract the attention of England based B.B.C. sports journalists.

4 hours ago, Calgacus said:

If there is a solution found it only means the quantity of coverage will change not the quality..it will still be the same snidey dismissive nonsense that misrepresents everything that anyone connected with Rangers says or does.

Some say tens of thousands of Rangers fans are desperate to hear this ...

Dear Aunty,

My friends are calling for reprochement with the hordes at Pacific Quay but there goes yet another Rangers game where I failed utterly to miss the BBC's close attentions. It gets worse ... I’m left with little irritation and almost compulsion to whine and grind my teeth over what the BBC didn’t say. What's wrong with me?

Yours in anticipation,

Edited by Bill

Returning in the car tonight, I heard Big Dick enthuse, "so many big games at this time of the season, they keep on coming and full live coverage of them all can only be found here on BBC Radio Scotland".

Breath taking arrogance on his part. He is telling the audience that they provide every service to all. On an evening when Chic Young sat on the naughty step watching Rangers TV. A four hour show that saw two minutes dedicated to tonight's game against Ayr United. Big Dick lies with such confidence, without fear of being corrected.

21 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Until it suits their purpose to continue their prejudiced, biased and misleading reporting. They are like a dog after it’s attacked someone, never be trustworthy again. Only this dog is bitter, bigoted, twisted and hates you to the core.

Quite possibly, but deal with the coverage issue first then deal with whatever comes next when it happens. Don't give up a fight just because it's going to be hard. 

21 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

I can't believe my eyes.

Is there a suggestion that only some of the Rangers support would be annoyed if McLaughlin's privileges were re-instated?

Try 99.999%. There must be a parallel universe somewhere...

I'd confidently say that a significant percentage of our support are barely aware of what caused all this and just want it resolved. One of the downsides of inhabiting a virtual Rangers world (and I assume this applies to all football clubs, political viewpoints etc) is the creation of echo-chambers. Twitter allows us to select who we hear from, people tend to gravitate to forums or blogs that represent our views, and over time we get fooled into thinking everyone thinks like us.