Pacific Quay Musings?

10 hours ago, pete said:

To be honest I think If we win the league the BBC will revel in them keeping silent on it. I think they are past feeling stupid. They just don't give a shit about rangers or their supporters. 

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

There should be no meeting half way and no compromise in the PR war. When this is over we should not stop. When we are back on top we should proactively chase everyone of them for their lies and attempts do destroy us.

No retreat, no backing down, we go after them all. There spurious fictional reporting has been designed to harm both club and supporters. It’s not just the BBC, but they, along with the DR are the biggest haters out there.

Bang on Coop.

THIS is the only way to deal with the BBC. Anything else is not only craven but pointless.

5 hours ago, stewarty said:

Without doubt.  All I mean is that we might have the capability, but if we don't have the rights it wont happen.

I'm no expert but I think you'll find radio rights are much less strictly applied than TV. In any case we'll not know unless someone looks into it.

6 hours ago, JohnMc said:

With respect those aren't the only options.  It's not beyond the wit of both organisations to come up with a statement that allows both to save face and allows supporters to enjoy proper coverage of their club again. Intransigence just means no one moves forward. 

A statement? Seriously, do you really think the current situation is going to be resolved by a f**king "statement". Get a grip of yourself.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Rangers radio is clearly the best solution. I think I'll write to the club about it.

I have already asked that question and was told it was supposed to happen at the begining of the season! no idea why the delay?

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I have already asked that question and was told it was supposed to happen at the begining of the season! no idea why the delay?

Thank you. I’ll ask anyway, can’t see anything to lose.

14 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

A statement?

I've no idea why that would persuade the B.B.C. to cover us.  The B.B.C. is taking issue with the fact that we revoked privileged access to McLaughlin.

If you really think that there are alternatives then it would be great if you could describe them for us.

The issue just now is about losing face. Both the BBC and Rangers have taken up positions that make compromise difficult without one looking like it's 'backed down'. If Rangers were to announce they'd reinstated media credentials to Chris McLaughlin they'd take a lot of criticism from a decent percentage of the support. If the BBC announced they'd decided to send someone else they'd be criticised too by some staff, external voices, other club's supporters and so on. Yet, fixing this is really quite straightforward in my opinion. The BBC agree to cover Rangers in the same way they cover every other side and the problem is solved. The issue is then how to 'sell' that to our support and those who who support the BBC's stance. That's where 'the statement' comes in. Both parties should be able to word something that allows both to save face, appeases those who don't want compromise or agreement and then all the rest of us who simply want normal coverage of our football club, coverage we've paid for and continue to pay for, can get on with things. 

It's not in anyone's interests this carries on indefinitely, particularly not the Rangers support who are the only people being properly inconvenienced here.