Pacific Quay Musings?

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

mobilise (say) 25,000 signatures on a petition, pledging support for the suspension of TV licence payments pending changes at PQ. 

I think this is the way to deal with them.

Write to the SFA and complain that you cannot get radio coverage of your team and explain the situation and the regurgitated lies from the BBC and ask they intervene. Get a petition going for the SFA and SPFL asking them to remove the contract from the BBC and give it to an able bodied provider or seperate rangers from the deal and allow seperate coverage. At the least it will bring the conversation to the forefront. 

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

The common perception is that the PQ boycott is a Sports Department thing. I think the Sports Editor is Jeff Webster, like his old man who had a column in the Herald for a dozen years, Jack Webster; is a Dandy Don. When he presents on the occasional Sunday, I find him most fair on all things Rangers. Richard Wilson is behind the scenes on minor sports, but is largely regarded to have withdrawn himself from the constant conflict with the usual Rangers hating crew. I think the same will happen with Darryl Broadfoot, his interventions on rule changes ran interference with those that want Rangers blamed for everything.

I think the various usual suspects broadcasting get away with it, because there is a coterie of Producers allowing/facilitating the current continuing behaviour. The Director General of Beeb Scotland will have to get a grip, because the new BBC Scotland 2 Channel, I believe to be largely a news/documentary set-up? The Editor of said new channel will be James Cook. Yep, that one who admitted deliberately altering an interview with McCoist, to make it look like Ally did not take sectarianism seriously. Both he and his Producer admitted and apologised after Rangers complained.

Of course, Cook(an Arab) was rewarded with a massive promotion, he became the BBC's North America correspondent. He is returning to the new role and his first appointment as an Anchor, is Martin Geisler(A Jambo). Cook, as Editor will have considerable freedom to enact another rite of passage.

The current behaviour is simply unprofessional, and they don't care. 

Yes and the "...don't care" part appears to be becoming more obvious.

It tends to suggest that they feel protected, at least within their own regional part of the BBC.

I said last week that the only way a 'protest' may have some success would be via a 3rd party.

ps. back in the 80's I occasionally had a beer with Martin Geisler and his buddies.

Edited by buster.

13 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

This is all down to the B.B.C.

Rangers shouldn't budge an inch.

If anything, Rangers should be more aggressive and call them out for their uneven coverage.  Why are Rangers fans shortchanged like this?  And they should regularly invite English based BBC journalists up to speak to Gerrard.

14 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

............. I think the same will happen with Darryl Broadfoot, his interventions on rule changes ran interference with those that want Rangers blamed for everything...............

I see Broadfoot was indeed absent yesterday but tbf there was no discussion on match officials decisions and the test will be if he isn't invited when they are a big part of the show. The M.O. of Kenny McIntryre tends to be to pack as much controversy into the programme as possible and if he thinks Broadfoot will take on Stewart or similar, I think, aslong as he has a lot to do with final decisions,  Darryl gets a call, but we'll see.

As you said last week, another revealing indicator will be if PQ send a 'team' to Austria to follow what is as far as they are concerned, the only establishment club in town worth covering. 

24 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

This is all down to the B.B.C.

Rangers shouldn't budge an inch.

It's Rangers fans who are being greatly inconvenienced RS, that's why Rangers should be trying to solve this too. There are tens of thousands of supporters who can't make matches and who rely on radio coverage to follow the game. The fault lies with the BBC, that doesn't mean both sides should try and solve this. 

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

It's Rangers fans who are being greatly inconvenienced RS, that's why Rangers should be trying to solve this too. There are tens of thousands of supporters who can't make matches and who rely on radio coverage to follow the game. The fault lies with the BBC, that doesn't mean both sides should try and solve this. 

Rangers have two options to resolve it.

1. Win the league and make the B.B.C. look foolish.

2. Restore privileged access to McLaughlin.

Which one are you asking for?

I was driving home on Sunday and tuned in to Radio Scotland to see how Rangers were getting on. All I got was a discussion about Celtic's defeat and their poor form. Eventually there was a very brief mention that Rangers were leading 1-0 then back to Celtic. I managed to tune into Radio Clyde who were also banging on about Celtic but did have a detailed update on what was happening at Ibrox at regular intervals. What I wanted of course and what other Rangers fans want is a continuous commentary on the game. Something needs to give or change.