Pacific Quay Musings?

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

How typical from you Bill.

This could start to be a big factor. How many Jambos will want to listen to the big game from Ibrox next week only to find didly squat from BBC Scotland? 

Who cares? Flaunt your reasonableness to someone else. It’s boring as hell. 

4 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Rangers have two options to resolve it.

1. Win the league and make the B.B.C. look foolish.

2. Restore privileged access to McLaughlin.

Which one are you asking for?

With respect those aren't the only options.  It's not beyond the wit of both organisations to come up with a statement that allows both to save face and allows supporters to enjoy proper coverage of their club again. Intransigence just means no one moves forward. 

12 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

With respect those aren't the only options.  It's not beyond the wit of both organisations to come up with a statement that allows both to save face and allows supporters to enjoy proper coverage of their club again. Intransigence just means no one moves forward. 

In all seriousness how can you enjoy coverage from the BBC?  Can't stand listening to the low brow coverage from them or Clyde 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

As far as I'm aware they don't negotiate with Rangers but with the "authorities. However, if Rangers can broadcast TV worldwide I assume they can broadcast radio by the same means.

Without doubt.  All I mean is that we might have the capability, but if we don't have the rights it wont happen.

1 hour ago, trublusince1982 said:

In all seriousness how can you enjoy coverage from the BBC?  Can't stand listening to the low brow coverage from them or Clyde 

Many words have more than one meaning TBS, enjoy; possess and benefit from. "the security forces enjoy legal immunity from prosecution"

synonyms:benefit from, have the benefit of, reap the benefits of, have the advantage, have the use of, have available, avail oneself of...

When faced with the choice of no coverage or the BBC's coverage I'd rather the latter. Many supporters can't get Clyde where they live, the BBC then becomes their only option for commentary. 

6 hours ago, pete said:

To be honest I think If we win the league the BBC will revel in them keeping silent on it. I think they are past feeling stupid. They just don't give a shit about rangers or their supporters. 

You might be right.

Of course, I didn't appeal to the B.B.C. feeling stupid but rather looking foolish.

If we are sufficiently successful on the pitch then it will be clear to any fair minded individual that the B.B.C. is cutting off its own nose to spite its face.

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

A statement?

I've no idea why that would persuade the B.B.C. to cover us.  The B.B.C. is taking issue with the fact that we revoked privileged access to McLaughlin.

If you really think that there are alternatives then it would be great if you could describe them for us.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Rangers radio is clearly the best solution. I think I'll write to the club about it.

There are quite a few Rangers podcasts available at the moment.

I enjoy them to such an extent that I never once wonder what the B.B.C. would say about us.