Pacific Quay Musings?

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Then,

I am utilising the nut to crush their steam hammer.

A couple of the guys behind Gersnet will know what I am referring to here.

It was over a dozen years ago, we were attending the weekly RST Board meeting. Colin Glass and I had been at another afternoon meeting with Martin Bain in Argyll House and were reporting to the rest of the Board. After relating the depressing events, I was of the opinion we should find a way to keep Bain mindful of the supporters' concerns reference the club's position. One of the Board asked as to the placement of Bain's office? Telling him it overlooked the car park at the back of the Govan Stand, our young Thruster fae Ershur said, 'his office overlooks those billboards, I'll check availability and rates, get back to you next week'. 

We hired the centre billboard and put up an invitation to join the Trust and protect Rangers' supporters' interests. Every day, the former catalogue model sat at his desk and was reminded of our concerns, every time he turned his head. A later meeting with Murray revealed Martin hated that particular month at his desk. Good!

I suppose it's the Three Billboards outside Ebbing thing that has brought it back to mind. What are the thoughts on Rangers supporters crowd funding the hiring of a billboard in view of PQ, and posting a message that will continually remind them of deliberately failing to provide license fee paying Rangers supporters with the same service provided to other fans of other clubs? 

Great idea mate and I would certainly donate to that. You should put up a post on FF and Rangers media for the best result.

Excellent idea in principle. But need to to use social media in conjunction. For example bombard charities or organisations dealing with media exclusion particularly the elderly with images of the adverts next to their HQ. Also Ofcom, MPs sites etc, independent media. This would perhaps be more effective and sustainable than putting adverts in too many different locations. Putting hard data in the adverts such as the stuff you collected 26th would be ideal. I’m still going to do my FOI request at the end of the EL group stages (or beyond if us and them still in the competition). 

Edited by Walterbear

Once again I'm disgusted in our national broadcaster.  This one deserves a complaint.  There are two major stories on the front pages.  But instead of covering a breakthrough for Cancer, they choose to highlight "revelations about Rangers".  What sort of twisted scumbag looks at that and thinks a minor story relating to our club is more important than a cure for Cancer?!?!?

On 30/11/2018 at 13:19, JohnMc said:

Great idea, but don't put it outside Pacific Quay, put it outside Broadcasting House in London or Sport's HQ in Manchester. 

Absolutely. Put it outside PQ and BBC Sport in Manchester.

Make the connection so the bosses in Manchester can't just brush it off and wonder why they are being educated.

The local CSC will hate it, especially if it's paid for and they can't do anything about it. The bosses in Manchester will hopefully be forced to ask the harsh questions that should  have been asked a long time ago.

Remote from any other conduit of information and having five spare minutes I flicked on Pacific Shelf, sorry, Pacific Quay for confirmation that celtic had got possession of today’s prize and heard Richard Gordon begin to describe Rogers’ gracious acceptance of whatever was being given as an offering and so switched off again.

It was the big Don’s tone of voice that intrigued. Auld mither Gordon’s loon sounded rueful but nonetheless happy that a personal disappointment was made better by the fact that good friends had benefited.

26th, a man of gteater fortitude than I, will no doubt give the roll call of the happy and the sad. The big question: does St Pat’s Hampden triumph make up for the Tynecastle disaster?

36 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Remote from any other conduit of information and having five spare minutes I flicked on Pacific Shelf, sorry, Pacific Quay for confirmation that celtic had got possession of today’s prize and heard Richard Gordon begin to describe Rogers’ gracious acceptance of whatever was being given as an offering and so switched off again.

It was the big Don’s tone of voice that intrigued. Auld mither Gordon’s loon sounded rueful but nonetheless happy that a personal disappointment was made better by the fact that good friends had benefited.

26th, a man of gteater fortitude than I, will no doubt give the roll call of the happy and the sad. The big question: does St Pat’s Hampden triumph make up for the Tynecastle disaster?

If you think that his attitude towards Brendan was strange, you should see the way MacLennan was looking at Rodgers. It would genuinely make you sick.