Pacific Quay Musings?

31 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

That little tyke really needs to be called to order. His disgraceful written piece on website before the game was akin to a PSV blogger. His anti Rangers bias on TV commentary against Servette was loaded with reminders on how bad our last seasons CL group games broke all records. He also had the temerity to include Celtic when referring to Scottish club co - efficiency improvements! (wtf?) I'm sick of the number of times in commentary he  mentions the 2016 cup final when Hibs are involved.

Also, I noticed a new name in this mornings BBC Sports website. A guy called Richard Winton wrote a piece Rabbi Matondo turning the tables for Rangers and himself. Unlike most of the bigoted anti Gers bile produced by PQ, it was reasonably factual article free from their usual bias. Any info on him @26th of foot ?

Richard Wilson worked at the Herald for several years, he was a football writer then moved over to BBC Scotland.

He appeared on Off the Ball on a couple of occasions and RAB Cosgrove revealed Wilson was a Bluenose and member of the Laptop Loyal. The second time he appeared, RAB got after him on then hot topic of sectarian chanting. He asked if Wilson had ever participated? Wilson pointed out RAB never asking any Sellik supporting guests similar questions. RAB went on about Whataboutery. This would be a decade past and, soon after Wilson moved into PQ management/Admin'; I believe he is currently Assistant News Editor?

26 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Richard Wilson worked at the Herald for several years, he was a football writer then moved over to BBC Scotland.

He appeared on Off the Ball on a couple of occasions and RAB Cosgrove revealed Wilson was a Bluenose and member of the Laptop Loyal. The second time he appeared, RAB got after him on then hot topic of sectarian chanting. He asked if Wilson had ever participated? Wilson pointed out RAB never asking any Sellik supporting guests similar questions. RAB went on about Whataboutery. This would be a decade past and, soon after Wilson moved into PQ management/Admin'; I believe he is currently Assistant News Editor?

Ah. Thanks so much for the information @26th of foot I like to keep abreast of "new faces" on BBC Scotland. The article had a neutral tone. Nice to know there is the occasional token Bluenose on their payroll! 

• 3 weeks later...

Call it Out?

Yesterday was the day after the night before. We had received a football schooling from Engerland and added to the national embarrassment, the wonderful Tartan Army failed again to show respect to another country and it's National Anthem. Further, the late Queen whom I believe was, 'Queen of Scots' was remembered by a chorus or two of, 'Lizzies in a box'. Our First Minister, Humza Yousaf showed his statesmanship by smirking throughout the booing and cat calling. Classy?

PQ CSC need to act, this has to be put into perspective, amelioration is required. A BBC Scotland Producer decides the final arbiter on this issue is Angela Haggerty. Yep, that Angela Haggerty of Call it Out, Editor of Phil McFournames book, 'Downfall', whose son has Kevin McKenna for a Godfather, has an HND in Journalism from Cardonald College, .......................... etc.

Angela, script in hand where the right type of bigotry and sectarianism is cloaked in euphemisms such as, "just rivalry" and, "cheeky". It is just too much fun and if we change the words George Orwell Newspeak style, then Angela, Susie McCabe, RAB Cosgrove, Gerry Braiden, Kevin McKenna, ......................... etc can continue to marginalise and demonise. There is hatred and then there is hypocritical hatred(sorry being, "cheeky"). According to Angela, everything is up for grabs in football "rivalry". Although Angela is on record as stating, "the only National Anthem I will not boo is the Irish National Anthem". Respect Angela!

The build up to last week's old firm fixture at Ibrox had BBC Scotland in full on message to Peter mode. Continually emphasising the diminished factor of the fixture due to no Sellik supporters in the Stadium. Peter refused the offered allocation although PQ CSC were not keen to mention that and, the Green Brigade's contribution at the St Johnstone game ie, Rangers killed themselves and killed the fixture was, "too cheeky" because they unveiled the banners on the 66th minute. Angela was not invited to comment.

Now, since it was Ally McCoist that raised the issue on the disrespect element whilst praising the Tartan Army for their rendition of Flower of Scotland, you would expect BBC Scotland to get Ally on as final arbiter? Well, that is most difficult because the former Rangers has not spoken to PQ for a decade. You see, BBC Scotland, the Producer, Martin Conaghan and, Presenter, James Cook all had to formally apologise to Ally after a recorded interview. They admitted editing the televised interview to intentionally make Ally look like he took the issue of sectarianism in a light hearted manner. They cut and spliced a joke at the beginning of the interview and placed that footage of Ally smirking at a joke, after the questions on sectarianism and bigotry.

Hey, it's only cheeky rivalry by the PQ CSC.

Haggerty laying bare the sheer hypocrisy of that lot with her comments.  

What are they like!?

So TBB, NPoR and the Famine Song can be put in the 'football rivalry/banter' category again, I suppose.  Fine by me.  😀

I wonder were the BBC lads were when England fans who were just grandparents with children were hemmed in behind the west terrace by about a dozen mounted policemen for doing nothing more than eating rather horrid hotdogs they could even have filmed the louts in tartan on the hill at Cathcart road were the two tower blocks are boozing merrily in public an offence in glasgow of lifted the filthy people urinating in public 

I will also add that police Scotland failed abysmally by letting in fans who were the worse of wear by being drunk .

Edited by compo