Pacific Quay Musings?

Last Words.

I left Hampden and whilst walking to my car I put on my radio and inserted my ear plugs. I heard BBC Scotland's Liam McLeod conclude his thoughts on his match commentary, he said :

"Rangers have defeated Aberdeen in a poor standard cup final".

Says it all, the true voice of the PQ Gang Hut.

51 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Last Words.

I left Hampden and whilst walking to my car I put on my radio and inserted my ear plugs. I heard BBC Scotland's Liam McLeod conclude his thoughts on his match commentary, he said :

"Rangers have defeated Aberdeen in a poor standard cup final".

Says it all, the true voice of the PQ Gang Hut.

Yes indeed. But isn't it nice to picture them quietly stewing in their own bile!

Reference the Liam McLeod statement on a poor standard cup final.

I remember leaving Hampden four years past after losing the League Cup final 1-0 to ra Sellik. We battered them that day, created half a dozen good opportunities and credit to Foster their Keeper, he was outstanding. We were correctly awarded a penalty and Alfie failed to convert. To add insult to injury, Sellik's French centre back, Jullien scored from an offside position.

The PQ Gang Hut told us the above circumstances were the marks of true winners. The aim of a cup final is to ensure when the game finishes, it is your club's name on the trophy. Liam the Squeal has been allowed to revert to his preferred prejudice reference Rangers on too many occasions. When Aberdeen last won the trophy at Parkhead against Inverness, the game finished 0-0 after extra time. It was a penalty shoot out victory and I do not remember Liam branding the match poor standard. He was allowed to convey his excitement.

The Cup won and having been assigned to a boring task, I switched on to hear how they were all taking it. Remarkably well. The only participants I knew were Wullie Miller and Tom English. The verdict -  a poor first half, better second and Rangers deserved to win it. Miller said this isn’t a great Rangers team (no arguments there) but they had more than one chance and Aberdeen offered nothing until the last ten minutes. when English arrived the discussion changed to whether his team are still favourites for the title. He thought they probably are because they can afford better reinforcements in January. 
I don’t know what the match commentary was like. I never listen to that. The closing discussions were calm and quite reasonable. Not the excited pandemonium that would have accompanied a Rangers defeat but not dour and grudging either.

• 2 weeks later...

Ganghuttery and Bawbaggery.

The common currency within the PQ Gang Hut remains Rangers and penalties. Big Dick began the determined attempt to influence the League Cup match officials with his column in the Aberdeen Press and Journal, he had accrued the stats and concluded, 'bias was at work'. Rangers won the final with very little pre-match preparation and there were no penalty shouts for either side although, Bullish Barry claimed two stonewallers 48 hours after the event. The Rangers caravan had moved on to preparation for the Ibrox visit by the Perth Saints but, Barry continued to howl.

The PQ AberTic alliance is seamless in transition, the Dandies troop off after giving their all against Rangers again and; ra Bhoys take the field in possession of the ball of conspiracy. There must be an old firm game on the horizon. Rangers visit ra Stade de Gadd on the 30th of December'23 and it is over thirteen years since Rangers were awarded a penalty in Glasgow's east end. Kenny Miller scored to secure a 1-3 win, Neil Lennon accused Kenny of diving and, Referee Willie Collum was the recipient of death threats that weekend. A couple of months later during 2010, Scottish Referees went on strike due to inTIMidation emanating from the separate entity.

BBC Scotland's satellite channel has done any number of Scottish football documentaries, mostly Sellik related. A View from the Terrace has broadcast over 100 shows and recently did a two parter on Fergus McCann's saving of ra green'n'grey hooped horrors. All the usual suspects had their say ie Matt McGlone, David Low, Stephen McGowan, .... etc. You would think such a unique event like a Referees' strike would be worthy of examination? We know why they will not touch it because even a cursory examination will conclude Sellik and Sellik supporters(particularly those in broadcast and print media) and their demands, caused the withdrawal of labour.

On Saturday, RAB Cosgrove and Tam the Token had BBC Scotland staffer, Paul English and stand up comedian, Marc Jennings as guests. Both are Sellik supporters and the show was reduced to faux guffaws over Rangers and penalties. Paul English has appeared as often as Susie McCabe and it is the same well rehearsed over conditioned patter, English even lionised Big Dick for his column. This is how you reinforce a perceived bias, pick the stats that suit you to the chorus of RAB's staged guffawing. The good friends of the show would not have it any other way, particularly Peter.

Rangers have won three trophies from the last thirty-seven, this Masonic conspiracy must be applied harder?

1 hour ago, SykseyBear said:

Note former EPL referee and Celtic fan Dermot Gallagher on Sky Sports bemoaning Motherwell not getting a pen against us claiming we "got lucky". Placemen we could only ever dream of. 

Did they show Gallagher the handball ?

I suspect not

7 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Did they show Gallagher the handball ?

I suspect not

Nope, neither did they show the stamp on Butland.

It was kind of a "Right Dermot, we have one last decision before the end of the show, a quick one, was this a penalty?" and then showed him the clip once and I think blurred everything out but a little circle around the incident