Pacific Quay Musings?

Reference the future of Chris McLaughlin.

The new BBC Scotland news channel is expected to launch in February'19. There have been some releases on those staffing the channel. The sharp end Presenters are Martin Geisler(a Jambo) and Rebecca Curran(A Dandy). The News Editor is James Cook(Arab). We remember Cook as the interviewer of McCoist six years past. He, and his then Producer both apologised for deliberately editing their several minute piece, to make it look like McCoist took the subject of sectarianism, flippantly. Basically, they cut the film of McCoist laughing at the start of the interview and spliced it in to his answers on sectarianism. Cook was rewarded with being promoted to the post of BBC's North American correspondent.

Chris McLaughlin's new designation is primarily with the new channel, he is effectively the Sports Editor. It is beginning to look like the new channel will be populated with those who have performed a rite of passage?

26 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

On reflection, this is veering away from the main theme of scrutinising bbc’ s coverage of Rangers. Might be better moved to Lounge.

I disagree. This particular section of the topic is entirely relevant.

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

The new BBC Scotland news channel is expected to launch in February'19. There have been some releases on those staffing the channel. The sharp end Presenters are Martin Geisler(a Jambo) and Rebecca Curran(A Dandy). The News Editor is James Cook(Arab). We remember Cook as the interviewer of McCoist six years past. He, and his then Producer both apologised for deliberately editing their several minute piece, to make it look like McCoist took the subject of sectarianism, flippantly. Basically, they cut the film of McCoist laughing at the start of the interview and spliced it in to his answers on sectarianism. Cook was rewarded with being promoted to the post of BBC's North American correspondent.

Chris McLaughlin's new designation is primarily with the new channel, he is effectively the Sports Editor. It is beginning to look like the new channel will be populated with those who have performed a rite of passage?

Of the names mentioned in that line up, I'd be curious to find out if they vote for unionist parties (McCoist aside). I could be wrong, but I'd strongly imagine that few, if any, are SNP voters. But regardless, we have a bitter liar in charge of sports editing for a channel tasked with appeasing an increasingly agitated electorate whilst securing the political goal of maintaining the state status quo.

This will be interesting to observe.

If it were up to me, I'd still confine him and his associates to the roundabout. 

And just for info, where I'm coming from with the last post, not all Celtic-minded are as 'Indy minded' as many might think. During the run up to the 2014 referendum, I got involved in a discussion with a hardcore Celtic supporting acquaintance and asked him if he felt inclined to divulge, which way he would vote. 'Oh no question, remain.' 'Really?' I replied, 'why is that?' He then said, 'you'd be giving up a British passport.' 'Fair enough' I replied. He then asked me seriously, if Scotland were to go independent what would I do - '...move to Northern Ireland?' I just laughed and told him to behave.

But back to the matter at hand, is BBC PQ and its role at a pivotal crossroads in terms of the bigger 'British' picture?

7 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

In most jobs that would be serious misconduct. The bbc then use arguments about journalistic integrity with respect to mcglauchlin. 

On 08/10/2018 at 10:44, Rick Roberts said:

Caught some of the first half on BBC scotland MW. 

They had 30 mins to fill before the bheasts kicked off at St Johnstone.

In fairness they actually weren't bad on Rangers after Rapid and appeared to be trying to be complimentary. Prehaps theyve finailly realised Gerrards is building something real?

One thing that was clear, they didn't have a clue what was happening at Ibrox. Goal reports were from the live feed text. Its an unbelievable situation. No doubt they mobilised dozens of PQ out to Perth or over to Salzburg but they couldn't cover the biggest match of the weekend. 

For the record and I am sure bbc folk look at this website so you should take note; once the Scottish teams are out of Europe I will be filing an FOI request asking how much has been spent in total covering Scottish teams abroad in Europe by BBC Scotland since Europa league stages commenced nail the end of that stage. If Rangers get further than Celtic I will ask for the amount up to and including Rangers departure. If Celtic go further I will draw stumps at the final point when both were still in the competition. Expenses, non-salaried staff and salaried staff payments, operational costs. If they can’t answer it will be damning on their accounting procedures and their trustworthiness to manage spend and achieve value,  if they can answer it will be damning because we will know where all the money went and at that point I would hope that statements from a selection of disadvantaged Rangers fans who can only access BBC for sports coverage can be collated by someone. We will know then in measurable financial terms how some fans are being impacted and also what the BBC are spending to pursue this agenda of disenfranchisement of licence paying Rangers fans who are dependent on responsible and reasonable coverage of their team. 

Walterbear will be filing a FOI request.  #999 above.

I had some correspondence with bbc Scotland about the cost of sending Idessane to report on Andy Murray in Melbourne instead of Accies at New Douglas Park when the highly regarded tennis correspondent,  Jonathan Overend, was already reporting for the network. They are apparently not subject to FOI.

They said Idessane had studied Murray’s career for years, could work the camera himself and was able to get Murray to talk to him when he wouldn’t speak to others so whatever it cost, it was worth it.

Doesn’t explain why they sent Annie Maguire before Idessane got the gig.