Pacific Quay Musings?

1 hour ago, Walterbear said:

For the record and I am sure bbc folk look at this website so you should take note; once the Scottish teams are out of Europe I will be filing an FOI request asking how much has been spent in total covering Scottish teams abroad in Europe by BBC Scotland since Europa league stages commenced nail the end of that stage. If Rangers get further than Celtic I will ask for the amount up to and including Rangers departure. If Celtic go further I will draw stumps at the final point when both were still in the competition. Expenses, non-salaried staff and salaried staff payments, operational costs. If they can’t answer it will be damning on their accounting procedures and their trustworthiness to manage spend and achieve value,  if they can answer it will be damning because we will know where all the money went and at that point I would hope that statements from a selection of disadvantaged Rangers fans who can only access BBC for sports coverage can be collated by someone. We will know then in measurable financial terms how some fans are being impacted and also what the BBC are spending to pursue this agenda of disenfranchisement of licence paying Rangers fans who are dependent on responsible and reasonable coverage of their team. 

I know I will get accused by some of being too reasonable but their actions also impact on opposing teams fans to. For example, Hearts have a sizeable fan base that were also denied any coverage of their team's trip to Ibrox for the match of the weekend in Scotland.

2 hours ago, Walterbear said:

For the record and I am sure bbc folk look at this website so you should take note; once the Scottish teams are out of Europe I will be filing an FOI request asking how much has been spent in total covering Scottish teams abroad in Europe by BBC Scotland since Europa league stages commenced nail the end of that stage. If Rangers get further than Celtic I will ask for the amount up to and including Rangers departure. If Celtic go further I will draw stumps at the final point when both were still in the competition. Expenses, non-salaried staff and salaried staff payments, operational costs. If they can’t answer it will be damning on their accounting procedures and their trustworthiness to manage spend and achieve value,  if they can answer it will be damning because we will know where all the money went and at that point I would hope that statements from a selection of disadvantaged Rangers fans who can only access BBC for sports coverage can be collated by someone. We will know then in measurable financial terms how some fans are being impacted and also what the BBC are spending to pursue this agenda of disenfranchisement of licence paying Rangers fans who are dependent on responsible and reasonable coverage of their team. 

I hope your request goes well.

No licence fee paying Rangers fan is being disenfranchised though.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Walterbear will be filing a FOI request.  #999 above.

I had some correspondence with bbc Scotland about the cost of sending Idessane to report on Andy Murray in Melbourne instead of Accies at New Douglas Park when the highly regarded tennis correspondent,  Jonathan Overend, was already reporting for the network. They are apparently not subject to FOI.

They said Idessane had studied Murray’s career for years, could work the camera himself and was able to get Murray to talk to him when he wouldn’t speak to others so whatever it cost, it was worth it.

Doesn’t explain why they sent Annie Maguire before Idessane got the gig.

I was pitchside when we played Zeta in Podgorica, Idessane was adorned in an official BBC Celtic UEFA Cup Final in  Seville embroidered polo shirt when he interviewed Walter and Barry Ferguson.

10 hours ago, forlanssister said:

I was pitchside when we played Zeta in Podgorica, Idessane was adorned in an official BBC Celtic UEFA Cup Final in  Seville embroidered polo shirt when he interviewed Walter and Barry Ferguson.

Twelve months down the line from that and I wonder if the BBC got one made for Manchester 2008............... 

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

Twelve months down the line from that and I wonder if the BBC got one made for Manchester 2008............... 

There will be boxes, and boxes, of shirts with "Winners 2008" emblazoned upon them, hidden somewhere within the lower bowel of the storeroom of Pacific Quay.