Pacific Quay Musings?

34 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

The BBC Scotland coverage of the semi finals is approaching hysterical. At what point is someone going to point out that 150 miles actually isn't all that far do you think? It's the same distance as Newcastle to Manchester and I've never heard anyone complain about that being some kind of insurmountable distance. 

From a players perspective it evens out, both sides will stay in a hotel locally the night before. Lunchtime kick-offs aren't perfect for preparation but it's the same for both sides. 

For the support of both sides Sunday matches create inconvenience. Public transport is generally less frequent and non-essential road works take place. This isn't news, it's always been that way. Add to that the fact that Aberdeen in particular were one of the main driving forces behind the SPFL and are directly involved in the running of the body and the appointment of its officers I find the hysteria over this hard to stomach. 

Now they want half the tickets, for a match they apparently are unable to attend because their entire support takes the fuckin train everywhere. 

As 26th has already pointed out, the language and especially tone from the likes of Gordon, Stewart and Preston sounded as if they were working for individual club media rather than the PQ............. No real balance was wanted.

Stewart seems to think he's on a particularly confrontational messageboard where he must be seen (or heard) to be right and if he thinks he can make his 'opponent' look a fool at the sametime, he does.

Edited by buster.

Interesting to see freelancer broadcaster Rob Maclean cross the BBC Scotland picket line last night to commentate for BT Sport at Ibrox. I wonder how many of his Pacific Quay colleagues will fancy writing Maclean's regular BBC SPFL Team of the Week column this Monday?

58 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Interesting to see freelancer broadcaster Rob Maclean cross the BBC Scotland picket line last night to commentate for BT Sport at Ibrox. I wonder how many of his Pacific Quay colleagues will fancy writing Maclean's regular BBC SPFL Team of the Week column this Monday?

I was wondering about that! I thought he was pretty fair and very quick to point out that Rapid’s goal shouldn’t have stood. 

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I was wondering about that! I thought he was pretty fair and very quick to point out that Rapid’s goal shouldn’t have stood. 

To be fair, he couldn't really say otherwise.  :D

3 hours ago, Frankie said:

He's no scab Frankie. Don't be fooled by his slightly more upbeat commentary last night either. He'll have been told to be after BT received a barrage of complaints after the Villarreal game.

He still sounds underwhelmed by it all. Can't wait for Fletch and Macca to have a go. Once you get past the high pitched scouse, at least they'd sound excited when we score a goal.

Just looked at BBC Scotland's Scottish football Website page.

Steven Thomson's claim that Rangers result against Rapid was, "phenomenal" is seventh item.

First item is Mulumbu's  forecast that ra Sellik will defeat both Hearts and Hibs in coming weeks to return to the top of the table. Third item is Lustig confident of ra Sellik's bouncebackability, and Hearts are second with their confidence to take points at Ibrox.

I should add, the word, 'coefficient' is mysteriously absent.

Edited by 26th of foot