Pacific Quay Musings?

Why don't they compare Tansey's rugby tackle to some of the minor offences we've had yellow cards for and ask why wasn't he given a yellow card?

The hand ball was well outside the box but the Candeias one from memory he had every right to try and stay on his feet (as he always does) and give up and go down when he did.

31 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

The handball continued into the box. Replay it and freeze frame. 

My understanding is that the free kick should be given where the offence, especially a hand ball, first occurred? 

13 minutes ago, DMAA said:

My understanding is that the free kick should be given where the offence, especially a hand ball, first occurred? 

No you are wrong on that if the offence continues into the box it is a penalty.

49 minutes ago, pete said:

No you are wrong on that if the offence continues into the box it is a penalty.

I always thought it was where the foul initially occurred but I've googled it quickly and it looks like you're right. In which case I don't think any of the penalties are wrong.

5 hours ago, buster. said:

PQ (Sportsound) went that little bit further down the road of stripping away it's veneer of objectivity yesterday.

They set-up the programme mainly to highlight:

- how awful and wrong Andrew Dallas had been in awarding Rangers 4 penalties

- introduce a more sinister angle regards Rangers supporting referees

They did this by inviting ex-referee Steve Conroy who had already made his opinion on the penalties very clear on another medium. In other words, PQ knew what opinion they were getting and it helped them manage the conversation.

Despite Kenny MacIntryre using Steve Conroy to help suggest that there are/were more Rangers supporting referees than Celtic supporting referees, PQ managed to find one (Conroy openly a Celtic fan), of what is apparently a rare species and Kenny MacIntrye pushed the issue as far as he could towards not only controversy, but gently towards corruption that had been claimed in a Celtic supporters video that had been partly filmed in Celtic Park.

Another referee, Dermot Gallagher (ironically, born in Ireland) had opined differently to Conroy wrt the penalties. He was mentioned in passing but his opinion given short shrift by the programme and Michael Stewart in particular. Nor was it mentioned to Conroy whilst he had been interviewed by MacIntyre.

It was the ticking of a box but the swift & easy dismissal of Gallagher's opinion whilst taking Celtic supporting Conroy's so earnestly with subsequent expansion to Rangers supporting referees tends to suggest perhaps Sportsound have stumbled onto an unobjective and corrupt angle, but that it resides at Pacific Quay.

The programme was IMO set-up with one main immediate intention, beyond but in addition to Scottish football politics.

To contribute to a momentum of noise that on balance, makes it less likely we'll get the benefit of the doubt wrt refereeing decisions in the near future. A time that is vital wrt the League Championship.

Link to podcast of the Sportsound programme referred to

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06zyx61

I would have thought it was blatantly obvious by now that the intention of the Scottish media in general, but BBC in particular, is to skew any refereeing decisions towards not being given in favour of Rangers.  Their fear of a proper challenge is palpable.

1 minute ago, craig said:

I would have thought it was blatantly obvious by now that the intention of the Scottish media in general, but BBC in particular, is to skew any refereeing decisions towards not being given in favour of Rangers.  Their fear of a proper challenge is palpable.

IMO the bias is becoming more blatant.

It's almost as if a situation has developed into a conflict and some of the subtleties have been shelved.

44 minutes ago, buster. said:

IMO the bias is becoming more blatant.

It's almost as if a situation has developed into a conflict and some of the subtleties have been shelved.

I couldn’t agree more. A noticeable increase in conflictive and inaccurate slanted reporting on all things Rangers since the start of the season. They are St Pats fc own robust PR channel. Pal of mine is a sheep and even he has noticed!

Edited by cooponthewing

PQ CSC became a parody of themselves some time ago.  It can be amusing at times, until you remember agenda-driven creeps like Michael Stewart are receiving public money to vent their frustration about Rangers.

Never mind, Michael, you might get that SNP gig yet.  They're running out of losers to put up for election.