Pacific Quay Musings?

On 24/01/2020 at 18:52, PoohBear said:

I am yet to meet a person in Ireland who gives a crap about either Celtic or Rangers.  Honestly, some of the anti-Irish stuff is very offensive.

We were in the Croke Park Hotel in Dublin watching the Rangers  Celtic game and were the only 2 out of about 100 that weren't desperate for Celtic to win.  They cared so little it was on a huge screen.

13 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

We were in the Croke Park Hotel in Dublin watching the Rangers  Celtic game and were the only 2 out of about 100 that weren't desperate for Celtic to win.  They cared so little it was on a huge screen.

The bulk of Celtics Irish support is derived from Donegal in the north as the majority of Irish migration into Glasgow and the West of Scotland hails from that county

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The bulk of Celtics Irish support is derived from Donegal in the north as the majority of Irish migration into Glasgow and the West of Scotland hails from that county

I'm just telling you what I experienced.

It's come to this - that I should read on a Rangers forum that there is no anti-British sentiment in Ireland. Not only is that patently untrue but the perpetrator is trying to present a superior and definitive knowledge of Ireland, apparently on the assumption no one else has ever crossed the Irish Sea. On the many occasions I've been in Ireland I've been aware of three attitudes towards Britain. There's the carefully cultivated and essentially sterile attitude towards the tourist-customer, the craic merchants. Then there's the warmly polite welcome from people who genuinely hold no grudge and have no interest in republican grievance politics. And then there's those who barely contain their contempt for everything British, the people who'd take pride on spitting on you after putting a bullet in your head. There are plenty of the latter and to try to pull the wool over our eyes and pretend they don't exist is as asinine as it's false.

It's almost as if someone who has moved to the emerald isle wants every Rangers supporter to be nothing but complimentary about every aspect of Irishness, including Cosgrove's vomit-inducing crap, to suit his own piece of mind.

It's a 'No' from me.  

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 04:22, PoohBear said:

I'm talking about the several

posts before I posted.  Perhaps I read them incorrectly, but I don't think I did.

Anti-Irish, anti-catholic, these things are unfortunately associated with some of our support.  I mean there's even a sarcastic response to my post that I'm apparently feeling sympathetic for a stereotypical representation of Irish people that some people love to talk about.

I would say anti-protestant, anti unionist is far more prevalent in the Celtic support than anti-Irish and anti-Catholic is within ours.  It is, after all, their sole reason for being.

On 25/01/2020 at 20:45, Blue Moon said:

They weren’t interested?