Pacific Quay Musings?

Today Dick couldn’t help himself when speaking to Steve Clarke to put Rangers win down to Rangers relative budget. I assume he mentioned the difference between Celtic and Partick and Hibs and Ross County. There are many positive talking points with respect to Rangers but he is emotionally unable to let his hatred go. His lack of professionalism is a joke except for the fact Rangers fans contribute to his wages and deserve even handed treatment.  He is a bad example of BBC sports journalism. His bias is a disgrace. 

20 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Just wait to see the reaction at BBCPQ Sportsound  if Rangers get a bye into the EL group stages due to F.C. UFA ‘s visas fiasco.

I must tune in to hear the meltdown.....???

Almost worth the licence fee if that does happen.

As you'll know, I'm not a fan of the BBC.  In fact, I don't waste any time reading their articles or listening to any of their moronic white noise over the radio.  Today however, I saw some retweets of some of their coverage of today's game.  For the first time I'm absolutely outraged.  Many may think I should have reached this conclusion before now, and there's no doubt that our own 26th has tried to evidence the bias on many occasions.  I always dismissed it however as a poor service, not necessarily a sinister one.

Having seen some tweets of the coverage however, there can be no doubt whatsoever that this team at BBC Scotland needs to be investigated.  It's a national scandal that they are allowed to 'report' in this fashion, and every one of them should be sacked for incompetence at best, or more appropriately for attempting to deliberately mislead its audience.  This misrepresentation of the facts is now so blatant, it demonstrates that they hold no fear of any consequence for their behaviour.  Does this mean that this approach is sanctioned by the governors in England, or are they just so confident that the London based superiors have no interest in what goes on up here?

It is almost impossible to protest on what the BBC would refer back to as editing privilege e.g. Dick Gordon bias or photographic images. . BBC Scotland gets a proportion of the national licence fee budget to spend on making their own programmes. They can do what they like with that and are relatively free in terms of production although they have to adhere to obvious standards (legal, accepting gifts etc). London will not intervene by and large with local production.  They are obliged to take certain networked programmes over which they have no control and London controls that. They have to spend Scottish licence money on that networked production si there is not a lot of cash sloshing about which is why Sportsound is so amateurish and why guys like Dodds and Thompson get a gig. They are cheap because they are not very good and it is easy work for them and suits their lifestyles. 

What BBC Scotland can get questioned about on a wider platform in respect of local production and staff is the boycott. London would be interested in the intentional airbrushing of Rangers from coverage and the exclusion of licence payers from coverage to which they are entitled. London would also be interested in potential demonstrable bias outside of mere editing such as hospitality or gifts accepted by employees at Parkhead for example compared to accepting invites to other grounds (obvious one here would be Ibrox as they won’t set foot in the place). 

The most effective group to deal with this would be Club1872 but I’m not convinced they on their own would have the skill to do this in what would be a relatively sophisticated exercise with some knowledge of how the BBC worked and knowing how to find a way through it aligned with some Scottish political knowledge. 

There is unquestionably a deep rooted historical bias at a higher level and that is why we have the output we see today. There is also a deep rooted resentment of the EBT issue and for a good few their treatment of Rangers is their way of getting even. That can’t be proved although I can categorically confirm it is the case. It should be obvious by the output and for example the ‘new club’ issue the BBC Trust had to step in on. 

They are not as powerful as you think but political savvy would be required to expose it and put pressure on them with respect to the boycott. I dont think there is much we can do with regards to the bias. I hear folk say ‘don’t listen to it’ and I don’t as it makes my blood boil. But then again why shouldn’t I listen to something I am paying for and why shouldn’t that output be even handed?

Edited by Walterbear

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Just wait to see the reaction at BBCPQ Sportsound  if Rangers get a bye into the EL group stages due to F.C. UFA ‘s visas fiasco.

I must tune in to hear the meltdown.....???

I believe the modern term for that type of meltdown now, is called Timplosion.

Reinforcing the Message.

Yesterday, thirty minutes after the end of the Hibs/Ross County tie, BBC Radio Scotland summarised the day's footballing events. Big Dick repeated the score from Rugby Park and noted Alfredo's hat-trick; in fact, mentioned he had indeed scored four. He offers Billy Dodds an opportunity to speculate on Rangers need for a further forward player, "where will Lafferty fit in"? In the closing minute of the broadcast, unsurprisingly, Billy echoes the thoughts of Michael Stewart, Thommo, and Big Dick from the day before. Billy was struck by the hypocrisy of Gerrard demanding big bucks for Morelos, whilst offering a derisory amount for Lafferty, "£200,000 is not enough". Billy is firm in his opinion, "Hearts are in the box seat, the deal must suit Hearts". Big Dick finishes with an affirming, "absolutely".

This story is two weeks old, it has advanced through fees of up to £400,000 plus various players eg Wallace and Hodson thrown in, and PQ have steadfastly refused to report the progress. It suits their agenda to work with the opening bid. As referred to in an earlier post, Aberdeen have bid £100,000 for Lewis Ferguson, Acas want £1 million. Big Dick is adamant the panel will demand his beloved Dons pay no more than £250,000. Last January, Big Dick led the charge for Rangers to cough-up whatever the financially desperate Acas demanded for Docherty, adding, "if they have the money"?

As for Billy, he is trying too hard. He was on Friday night Sportsound with Mark(a Sellik supporting Scots Hammer-Thrower, nae kiddin'). Mark accused Billy of a being a Rangers man. Billy spluttered in reply, "the Rangers supporters give me absolute pelters". I wonder why Billy?