Pacific Quay Musings?

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

As for Billy, he is trying too hard. He was on Friday night Sportsound with Mark(a Sellik supporting Scots Hammer-Thrower, nae kiddin'). Mark accused Billy of a being a Rangers man. Billy spluttered in reply, "the Rangers supporters give me absolute pelters". I wonder why Billy?    

Pedantic correction but it was Chris Bennentt (not Mark).

Podcast of Fridays programme

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06hs39f

I note that they haven't put up a podcast for yesterday,...they usually do.

They have certainly got mileage out of Kyle Lafferty.

How many times has his red card against Aberdeen (simulation) been mentioned over the years.

............. and Tom witters, "I'm not ready for triple helpings of humble pie yet". He added, "the picture will become clearer on the second of September". Well, it's tentative praise from the Limerick.

On Brenda's spat with Peter, Tom is most decisive. He sees both points, blames Boyata, "he's at it". He did not mention John McGinn, settled on, "there's a word, complacency". Tom wants to be seen to being amenable to full throated consummation of both chaps' dismembered members, concurrently. In terms of whipped cheese, Tom is the Prince of Edam and the Ayatollah of Gorgonzola, simultaneously.   

On 16/08/2018 at 10:46, DMAA said:

I clarified in my response that I meant banned from press conferences

No journalist would agree with that though, as I said a few pages back you only have to read about the Kaitlan Collins controversy to see that all journalists will always view a ban on a journalist attending press conference as a violation of the rights of the press.

We're going round in circles, but for me the bottom line is we need to deal with the problem of unfair coverage in a way which doesn't mean we don't get any coverage at all. It's detrimental to the club and the fans.

Funny where was all this journalistic solidarity when Jackson and Keevins were banned from Parkhead and what stance did PQ (or even QMD) take when Spence was banned from Dens Park and from Tannadice? Oh that's right they sent other reporters.

Edited by forlanssister

30 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Why is an Irish rugby man, called English, given the time of day when it comes to Scottish football?

Because he’s semi-articulate & hates Rangers so he fits in well with the rest of the pond life at BBC PQ.

9 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

I remember the days when english was so far up sdm arse he could taste two helpings of succulent lamb.

That was the time when the Irishman called English worked for The Scotsman (which sounds like a joke), a time before he took The Queen's Shilling from the BBC (which is a joke), and became Tom Sellik, by accepting and slavishly adhering to the editorial line (which is no joke).

Edited by Uilleam

9 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

I remember the days when english was so far up sdm arse he could taste two helpings of succulent lamb.

Yes, he was the hack who got the story about Sir Duped, a hotel room in London, a deal having been set-up to sell the club and a last minute question 'for the good of Rangers' that prevented the Duped one from going ahead with sale #WaltDisney

We shouldn't forget he was also a backer of Craig Whyte when he arrived at Ibrox.

This shows two things.......

1. He could be 'bought off'.........Sir Duped

2. His judgement on important issues is suspect............CW

Edited by buster.