[FT] Hamilton 3 - 5 Rangers (Murphy 10; Windass 19, 34, 72; Morelos 27)

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Centreback is definitely the area we need to sort out in the summer.  We need at least one signing for the first eleven.  Only Alves and McCrorie look solid enough to me.  Martin might grow into it and he deserves a little time to fit in with our team.

Forgot about Alves tbh (which speaks for itself), but he has the potential to add the quality required to give us a strong end to the season. With a stronger team around him and paired with McCrorie he might show his quality.

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

Only going on the highlights, but really pleasing to see so much creativity in the side. Murphy adds a real class that has been missing going forward. Docherty appears to compliment Goss well in the midfield, doing very different jobs for the team.

We need to start doing this at home and we can finally start to capitalise on a poor Celtic side getting off with murder this season. Traditionally a european run is very bad for domestic form and so it has proved. A series of injuries leaves us with absolutely no excuse not to run them very close. Morelos needs to stay till the end of the season for us to have a chance at doing that.

Centre back looks very much like a position under invested in though. Until we have real quality there we'll struggle. I hope McCrorie can improve it when he's back. I don't think it makes sense to put him into a centre midfield position which he wouldn't improve as much anymore.

Once McCrorie and Jack are back I doubt Goss and Docherty will be playing together. They are not good enough defensively.

18 minutes ago, pete said:

Once McCrorie and Jack are back I doubt Goss and Docherty will be playing together. They are not good enough defensively.

I would be highly disappointed if Goss was removed - has been one of our brightest spots since we signed him.  Offers much better vertical passing than anyone else in the team - is very composed and rarely does a pass go astray - is also much stronger than he looks.

Indeed, at this point I would be doing all I could to convince the lad to come to Ibrox permanently, and opening talks with QPR immediately.

Goss has been very good but I do think he needs a water carrier alongside him in a defensive sense.  Jack or McCrorie would be ideal but Holt has done OK. 

I thought Docherty struggled a wee bit early doors yesterday but came onto a game as he relaxed a little.

A bit of a side-note, but Celtic's woes are real. They've now failed to score in a league game on 4 occasions in only 2 months. We've only failed to score once in that period, in large part due to pot luck from Craig Gordon being hit by Morelos's header without knowing anything about it.

Musonda clearly isn't the world beater they thought he was and they put all their eggs in that basket in January. We have every chance of closing the gap (especially before Griffiths and Roberts return) if we show on Saturday we can still beat decent teams at home and Hibs was a blip.

If (and it's a big one) they progress in Europe that will hinder them further domestically.

I don’t really expect us to catch Celtic this season but if we did the pain it would inflict on their support would be unbearable. It would make helicopter Sunday seem trivial. 

Edited by Bill

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I don’t really expect us to catch Celtic this season but if we did the pain it would inflict on their support would be unbearable. It would make helicopter Sunday seem trivial. 

Krakatoa - East of High Street.

They would never recover from the damage; we might never recover from the celebrations......

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think they're out of sight this season.  

Next season, I'm hoping we can give them a real battle.  

I wouldn't say they were out of sight yet, although I don't expect us to win the league, however as long as it is possible to catch them we have to believe there is a chance, a long shot granted but as big Marv says, keep believing :D

Cant see it this season as we would almost certainly have to win every match and we are bound to drop points on the evidence especially at home games to date but it would be nice to serve notice on them. If we can beat Hearts at home and play well in the process there may be a glimmer of hope but I am also pretty sure the sheep will fail to damage them.