Rangers (Murphy; Martin) 2 - 0 Hearts

We did play very well today (5 or 10mins aside in the first half) and the only blot on the copy book was not scoring 6 or 7 goals instead of just the two.

I thought most of the team played very well but Candeias (and Murphy for the first 60mins or so) stood out with their hard work and creative quality.  Docherty felt his way into the game but there's no doubt he has what it takes and once again Goss was quality (and mixed it well in the tackle too).

A great win and I just hope the weather holds so we can put St Johnstone to the sword before the snow arrives in midweek.

dust settling ...I wondered how we'd perform today to be honest. But we were fast and aggressive.....missed a lot of chances and my heart was in my mouth the number of times the ball was bouncing about in our box . Better strikers would have punished us. Tighten up our back line and we're on our way. Thoroughly deserved win

Happy

Another wee stat, we had 24 shots today, more than any other home game this season (even the 6-0 vs Dunfermline). 

That tells its its own story. To get 24 shots against a side who had conceded 7 less than us before today shows we’re a much improved team with the new signings. Celtic managed 17 shots against them at Parkhead 3 weeks ago. 

We still have a lot to prove but we do seem to be the most creative team in the league at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Another wee stat, we had 24 shots today, more than any other home game this season (even the 6-0 vs Dunfermline). 

That tells its its own story. To get 24 shots against a side who had conceded 7 less than us before today shows we’re a much improved team with the new signings. Celtic managed 17 shots against them at Parkhead 3 weeks ago. 

We still have a lot to prove but we do seem to be the most creative team in the league at the moment. 

All about the threat we now carry across the whole pitch  not just on our right side.

We're much less predictable.

Was there and thought we were more than worthy of the win,great goalkeeping from the Hearts keeper,also Foddy ear;y on.

Again Windass looked like he was playing because he provided the ball and got picked.

Other than that great performances from Candeias(my MoM),Docherty,Morelos,Murphy et all.

Left game went to Louden watched Scotland,when they eventually put it on, and it made my day complete.

Our attacking play is great and will get even better when get more clinical in front of goal. We should have been six up by the final whistle if Windass had took his chances alone.  Never mind the chances squandered by others, but being fair as always i thought the Heart goalie had a great game, he kept them in the game up till we scored our second. Hearts weren't up to our pace today, they prefered to go long to Lafferty, nearly worked on a couple of occasions, but he plays it so fine at times he was getting caught offside, the strike he had was a peach but Big Ford was his equal with the save.

We really are getting it together now, so many players comfortable on the ball, the lad Goss i took to calling him the Ghost, he glides about and just pops up in positions to carry the ball forward with the minimum effort but always effective. Murphy again sublime imo, his goal i thought he was trying to beat every Hearts player before shooting, like fifty thousand other i was shouting SHOOOOOT. Great team performance, Docherty and Candeias where outstanding, Candeias just shaving it for me for MOTM.