Rangers (Murphy; Martin) 2 - 0 Hearts

Is it only Rangers fans that slaughter their own players? the guy has been outstanding for us then has a bit of an off game! jeez it's almost as if some fans are just waiting for a player to have an off day so they can have a go at them! I don't know!

The bottom line is today was a huge game, a must win game, we did that comfortably and should have scored more goals, we had a clean sheet as well, we won as a team, I was as frustrated as every Rangers fans with Windass squandering chances, however he got himself into these positions and he is the best player we have at playing that position, onwards and upwards, we are progressing so let's get on board with the team. 

15 hours ago, boabie said:

Morelos creates chances for other players. Even if he isn't scoring I think it's always better to have him on the park.

Windass has been scoring recently but it was obvious early on that today just wasn't for him. We'd have been doing him a favour to take him off at half time and reassure him he'd get another chance next week.

15 hours ago, pete said:

I agree with what you are saying but when you are trying to talk Morelos into staying and being happy at the club and he was better than Windass then it would have been better subbing him.

Whether you thought WIndass or Morelos was better on the day is irrelevant (not much in it for me). I think it's just a normal sub to freshen things up. We have a direct replacement for Morelos -- he does fade out of games towards the end, and had ran his game -- in Cummings, but we don't have a ready replacement for Windass, or at least not without changing the system; it would've been negligent on Murty's part to change things too much when we were doing so well. If we bring in a ready replacement for Windass then we'll see him getting subbed earlier when he's not on his game.

11 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

He has still to impress me against substantial opposition in my book. Hibs, Hearts, C****c and for the most part Sheep at home he has been below expectation. Add to that his disappearance v Motherwell in semi when it got rough.

If you want to champion his ability to score against what most would describe as lesser opposition, I can’t argue. He has performed exceptionally well at smaller grounds and weaker opposition.

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Has he scored against any of the top 5 yet?

He's scored against Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs, as well as assisting against Aberdeen (twice) and Hibs; he's directly contributed to 6 goals against the top-5 -- we've not actually scored against Celtic so he's no better or worse than the rest of our players in that regard. 

What you're saying is (Coop), 'I don't like him, and no amount of evidence to the contrary will convince me otherwise, so I'll continue to make things up to suit my baseless opinion'. :D   

If only we started the season with Marty in charge and Allen in charge of transfer targets :ninja:
Is murtys record better than pedros? After 20 games in charge he was a win behind pedro.

We havent won evey game since then but he may well be ahead now.

One things for sure we look in better shape now.

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's scored against Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs, as well as assisting against Aberdeen (twice) and Hibs; he's directly contributed to 6 goals against the top-5 -- we've not actually scored against Celtic so he's no better or worse than the rest of our players in that regard. 

What you're saying is (Coop), 'I don't like him, and no amount of evidence to the contrary will convince me otherwise, so I'll continue to make things up to suit my baseless opinion'. :D   

:touche:touché..........

The team is playing well and on a collective level they are happy with each other. That’s all that matters really. Psychologically you could have hazard or Iniesta playing there but if half the team didn’t like him the balance would be off.

Onwards to Perth:rfc:

Edited by cooponthewing