Rangers reportedly in the hunt for Sydney FC’s Brandon O’Neill

44 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd forgotten about him...

I really didn't take notice of their nationality. I recall Daly simply because there was a 'story' about it; no one I knew cared one jot.

The only people I knew who continually banged on about Daly’s nationality were Celtic fans at work.  They seemed disappointed that I couldn’t have cared less.  I actually really liked big Jon.

The majority of Rangers fans don't care! they only care about the quality and performances of any player! but the Scottish gutter press have to keep digging this up so as to keep them in business.

Nick Pope 23-04-2016 1.jpg

Scottish Premiership team Rangers have signed English goalkeeper Nicholas Pope on an six-month emergency contract.

The 25-year-old was a free agent after leaving Burnley last 'week.

Wes Foderingham has been Rangers' first-choice keeper so far this season, but with Jak Alnwick having been injured and expected to be out for the rest of the season Pope has been brought in as cover in an emergency deal.

"This is a great opportunity for me and with my experience I think I can bring something to Rangers,” Pope told the Scottish Sun.

"They are a huge club with a great history and I am delighted to be here."

Pope started his career in Ipswich's youth system, and after being released aged 16 joined Bury Town. He signed for League one club Charlton Athletic in May 2011, before having loan spells with Harrow Borough, Welling United, Aldershot Town, York City and Bury. Pope joined Premier League side Burnley in July 2016.

Last week, Rangers managed to hold on to Alfredo Morelos after after five offers from Chinese team Chinese side Beijing Renhe. The Super League side had Five offers rejected last month and SunSport understands the fifth was around the11million mark.

On Sunday, the Ibrox side meet Falkirk in the Scottish Cup. If the match is postponed it will go ahead on March the 14th