Old Firm Prediction

I think that we are in a better position since our troubles to challenge them, the match at the piggery proved that, if our players turn up and play their best then I am confident we can get the win.

If I ever learned one thing about the Old Firm games it is that the "form book" goes straight out of the window.

Going by how we played in recent weeks, we are probably in the best position in years to get a result. We are weren't as slick and good in January and might have snatched a win in the Scumhut. That said, there can be games like the Hibs one where things are taken out of your hands. Be it because of horrendous refereeing, be it because a rash tackle by a player. One never knows. It sure ain't the time for a defeatist attitude though. Cautious as always, but calmly confident too.

We are sure on the right track, which matters most.

Not sure if Murphy will be available? but I hope he is! also would like to see DJ available even though Halliday played ok DJ gives us pace in attack down the left.

Edited by ian1964

17 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

DJ gives us pace in attack down the left.

And pace in defending! James Forrest is Celtic's fastest player and he's now up against Halliday instead of John. I think that's a worry for us.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Not sure if Murphy will be available? but I hope he is! also would like to see DJ available even though Halliday played ok DJ gives us pace in attack down the left.

I thought Halliday looked really quick on Saturday. I don't think there will be much difference in speed between Halliday and John.

1.png.81cb453ab313abc6421a8a3bd300a1bb.pngA wee graphic showing how we've been scoring in the league this season. We've taken off as they've plateued in the last 3-4 games.

Edited by DMAA

I just checked my Twitter just now and saw a few tweets suggesting that Martin is out for Sunday.  I've no idea if any of the sources are reliable, but I'm not sure it makes much difference because Alves can fit in anyway.  The more worrying ones would have been Murphy and DJ.

Arsenal youngster Charlie Gilmour says he'd rather see Kenny Miller sink Celtic than come into a fortune.

The 19-year-old Gunners youth team prospect - who has featured in Europa League squads this season - is a Rangers fanatic and is desperate to see his favourite player score the derby winner this weekend.

Gilmour, who has pledged his international allegiance to Scotland, is active on social media and has enjoyed plenty of interaction on Twitter ahead of the Premiership crunch clash.

After asking if anyone was selling three tickets together for the powderkeg clash, Gilmour was told by one follower if he was lucky enough to get them then he could pick his EuroMillions numbers.

But the Arsenal teen responded: "I’d rather see a Kenny Miller winner than win the lottery."

Gilmour was born in England and has been capped by the Three Lions at Under 17 level.

But after playing for Scotland Under 19s against France in October he said: “I have pledged my future now to Scotland. The reasons are that I just really enjoy playing with Scotland.