Old Firm Prediction

I've never been really confident about any game against Celtic. There's too much at stake. What I would say is that for the first time in years I'm no longer dreading the outcome. There's every chance this is where we turn the corner.

It’s a peculiar situation in that in a number of ways they can afford a defeat less than we can. If we were to lose we would simply continue on a quest for second place which is the best most expected at the beginning of the season.

On the other hand if they lose we would be pulling into touching distance of a title they appeared to have wrapped up months ago. To top it all off the superiority bubble would be burst and the pressure on Rogers would markedly increase.

It’s a pity the sheep were too crap to take something from them recently.

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It’s a peculiar situation in that in a number of ways they can afford a defeat less than we can. If we were to lose we would simply continue on a quest for second place which is the best most expected at the beginning of the season.

On the other hand if they lose we would be pulling into touching distance of a title they appeared to have wrapped up months ago. To top it all off the superiority bubble would be burst and the pressure on Rogers would markedly increase.

It’s a pity the sheep were too crap to take something from them recently.

That's so true.  There is so much pressure on them for that game.  Murty and the players will still regard this season as a success if we finish second.  If we finish within 6 points of them, their fans will demand changes.  I'm sure they already are.

If we win that game I think we will see their fans, the media and even the BBC turn against them.  They know it and I hope that prospect haunts them.

However, that's next week.  We have a brilliant opportunity to get to a final so today is the biggest game for me and one I'm looking forward to.  Our games seem to take too long to come around these days.

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

In any case, it will be good to have Murphy and Docherty in there, chaps who will sure give 120% of the already good standard that they have.

The difference now dB is that we have at least 8 or 9 players giving it similar effort each week.  Morelos, Candeias, Tav, Bates, Halliday will give it their all too.  That's one of the key differences for me these days.  We have players that now realise the level of effort required to win games and they now do it consistently.  They all have the quality too so it's a winning combination.

15 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

The difference now dB is that we have at least 8 or 9 players giving it similar effort each week.  Morelos, Candeias, Tav, Bates, Halliday will give it their all too.  That's one of the key differences for me these days.  We have players that now realise the level of effort required to win games and they now do it consistently.  They all have the quality too so it's a winning combination.

I saw that as a given, actually. But I would argue that Murphy and Docherty will go out of their skin even more to give us a result.

It's maybe a week to go but I honestly cannot wait to play them. I am absolutely buzzing.

Stuff the negativity we should be right up for them next week. Lets show them they are in for a fight and show them what Rangers Football club is all about.

Win next week and we are right back in it........