The nightmare returns?

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

What can you say.  Murray isn't Whyte, he didn't get into Rangers to destroy us and enrich himself in the process. He genuinely wanted success for the club and that desire got away from him and clouded his judgement when the financial landscape was altered out of all recognition by the introduction of TV billions to the EPL.

Whoa! Whoa! I clearly remember this man saying that he would never sell Rangers unless it was in the absolute interest of the club. Then he flogs us to Whyte. There used to be a poster on here called Maineflyer who consistently warned against Murray. Turns out he was right.

38 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I doubt that Murray has much money to burn. He may be fairly wealthy but most of that wealth will be tied up in the shares of the companies that he owns. Rangers need cash, and I doubt Murray has a spare £10m lying around.

We can’t be that bad off as we could have got £11m for Morelos. I feel sick at the thought of him back.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Murray did put some of his own money into the club but it's not entirely clear how much - not to mention how much he gained from his association with Rangers over the years.

Ultimately, the decisions he made as custodian were risky, often over-ambitious and eventually caused more harm than good.  That left him exposed to the bank and let's remember people were outlining his poor ownership well before he moved on in 2011.  To sell to Craig Whyte is also completely unforgivable in my view.  As such, in the same way I'd find it very hard to re-sign someone like Steven Naismith (despite his PR claims of playing for free) I'd find it even less acceptable to accept monies from SDM.

It was Murray's hubris which brought us down, no doubt. I don't want to vilify him though as I can't believe he acted with any malice - just an excess of ego and bad decisions made in, I would like to think, good faith.

Whatever the truth, we're suffering for it now. 

4 hours ago, Frankie said:

I think you're missing the point.

The last time it wasn't his money to burn and that's why he ended up being forced to sell to Craig Whyte.  Our club almost died as a result.

We do need money - lots of it - but surely we have a bit more pride than going back to this selfish liar?

Well said.

2 hours ago, compo said:

Maybe someone's duped him .

Funny how the word "duped" has become synonymous with Murray and is almost never used in any other context. That and succulent perhaps. :D

1 minute ago, forlanssister said:

Time will undoubtedly tell but dismiss this at your peril. 

I'm not completely ruling out the fact he may be interested.  What I am very confident about is that we won't have him back.  He has no way back, except if he buys a ticket like the rest of us.  And even then, he better not be sitting near me or the vast majority out there like me.

24 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'm not completely ruling out the fact he may be interested.  What I am very confident about is that we won't have him back.  He has no way back, except if he buys a ticket like the rest of us.  And even then, he better not be sitting near me or the vast majority out there like me.

I certainly hope your confidence isn't misplaced but alas I can't share it at the moment.