The nightmare returns?

If he was desirous a extending a helping hand, he could gift a substantial sum to the fan ownership vehicle, for future share purchase.

I can't see that, although I would, for once, be delighted if corrected on this. 

Given "the events", SDM's personal involvement in anything beyond the token, is likely to concern other potential -and actual- investors.

Perhaps the tabloid story has been planted by enemies of the Club, to deter investors.......

Edited by Uilleam

Banks aren't going to supply the cash and I doubt even Sir Duped will be able to talk major players into giving him money to put into a Scottish football club where they won't get a return.......so that would seem to force him to have to use his own money.

What is the liklehood of that ?

What would he get for HIS money and how much does he want it ?

Sir Duped is 66 years of age and was able to semi-navigate stormy waters, throwing others over the side and reach a favourable 'end-deal'.

Does he feel guilt ?

Was he stung and does he feel the need to win a very public battle and consign negative headlines to the bottom of the barrel ?

Is he simply up to some mischievious spin to rock other individuals boats further and/or see what the reaction is ?

Is he thinking about limelight and legacies ?

Does he think now would be good timing given probable price and some of the 'hard yards' already having been walked ?

How would he get on with Club1872 ?

We know what he's like and we know what he has done to us.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

A bit loose but It'd be like a woman who was battered and nearly killed by her husband getting a call from the same man nearly a decade later, asking to get back together. 

If the SFA, or its puppeteer(s), felt that SDM's return was detrimental in any way to Rangers, it would welcome him like a prodigal son. 

If, on the otherhand, it was seen as in any way beneficial, every impediment would be thrown in his way. 

Assuming, of course, that the story carries any vestige of truth......

Edited by Uilleam

22 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

There is also the small matter of the SFA who in my opinion would be perfectly entitled to ask questions about him returning after selling to Whyte

it'd be more the 'resolution 12' crowd that would be re-invigorated wrt outraged EBT's/title stripping pitchforks !

Utter nonsense!  Must be another lazy day in the office for this reporter.  I keep saying it, but the sooner these rags die off the better.  These reporters know nothing and the only reliable source for Rangers related news is on here.

7 hours ago, forlanssister said:

I wouldn't dismiss it so hastily.

I agree. I've a friend in the steel business who met with Murray about a year to 18 months. My friend's a bluenose and talk inevitably turned to us and back then SDM told him he wasn't finished with Rangers yet. Murray is an egoist and a gambler. The last few years have stung Murray, his reputation in tatters, his influence greatly reduced and his profile diminished. It wouldn't surprise me if SDM fancied another crack at it. the thought of getting one over King probably holds some appeal too.