Your most vivid old firm game memory?

I had the battle fever on a few days ago, and as usual during the week before such a game I watch some of the old games on YouTube.  It's great watching them and they bring back so many memories of goals, players, and incidents.  My most vivid memories have been created because of the atmosphere and let's face i, we've had some crackers over the years.

One of my most vivid memories was the following game at Ibrox.  I can remember it as if it was yesterday, even down to the feeling we had when we headed home in the car afterwards.  We were 2-0 behind and down to 9 men.  That feeling of despair was just horrible as a young boy and I can remember the sound coming from their fans as the second goal went in.  Little did we know at that time that it would become such a party by the end of the match.  Long story short, McCoist and Gough scored and then Roberts started conducting the crowd in a little sing song towards the end.  It was a draw, but the celebrations at the end will never leave me.

Here is the link to that game if you're interested.

What's your most vivid memory?

My first game against them I stood in the West Enclosure as Trevor Steven scored the winner in '92.  

I think the most vivid memory is being asked to leave the North Stand after the Lovenkrands winner.  Or perhaps my mate and me being crushed up against two girls as we stuffed them 4-2 at the Piggery on New Year's Day '94.  Or maybe Amoruso's first match, when we beat them in the Cup semi at their half finished midden?  All great memories anyway.

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

My first game against them I stood in the West Enclosure as Trevor Steven scored the winner in '92.  

I think the most vivid memory is being asked to leave the North Stand after the Lovenkrands winner.  Or perhaps my mate and me being crushed up against two girls as we stuffed them 4-2 at the Piggery on New Year's Day '94.  Or maybe Amoruso's first match, when we beat them in the Cup semi at their half finished midden?  All great memories anyway.

Those are all great ones too.  Remembering those feelings just gets me pumped up more for Sunday.  Is it just me or this week dragging in?

3 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Is it just me or this week dragging in?

It is, definitely.  It's like a mix between waiting for a dentist appointment, a job interview and a date with a gorgeous woman.  I just want to get on with it.

Edited by Gonzo79

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

Nothing will ever beat May 1999. That was the high water mark. 

I think if we had run out comfortable winners in that last game at their terror den after so long without a win might have run it close. And if that had been the case we would have been looking to draw level on points with another win on Sunday.

The Cup Final of 1973 and "Jaws" six inch screamer also because it was the only game my wife to be ever attended.

I think the size of crowd and noise put her off so I can honestly say that she is the only person I know with a 100% win attendance.:thup:

Theres a couple that spring to mind first one is, Sandy Jardines goal an absolute belter in the 78/79' 3-1 Drybourgh Cup final but probably my favourite was Davie Coopers goal in the same game and to be honest with you its probably the best goal I've ever seen scored by any player ever!

Oh and Mo Johnstons goal against them at Ibrox 89/90'. I was in the West enclosure at that game and right next to them. We went ballistic and they were apoplectic. :D

Edited by Big Jaws